Update as of 12/16/2020 – DOOGEE claims the 2W speaker can go up to 100dB. The massive battery supports a 24W USB-C charger. The S59 Pro is already up for pre-order on AliExpress.
DOOGEE may not be a common player in the smartphone space, but it’s definitely a popular brand in its homeland, China. On December 15th, the smartphone maker is set to debut the Doogee S59 Pro — its flagship rugged smartphone with a retail price of $199.99(~Php9,600). And for that price, aside from an incredibly durable build, you’re getting perhaps the largest battery and most powerful speaker on a mobile device.
Similar to Samsung’s Active phones, the S59 Pro has a thick and rugged enclosure that’s built around the device. This allows for drop protection as well as IP68 water and dust resistance and IP69K. Ensuring you got plenty of juice for several days is the massive 10050mAh battery, almost twice the capacity of 6000mAh phones like Realme C15 and POCO M3. We can’t say for sure, though, how high the charging rate is. We’ll have to wait for the official announcement tomorrow.
As for the rest of the S59 Pro, it’s using a small 5.71″ HD+ display and an entry-level Helio P22 chipset. It’s paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. There’s a 2W speaker that should make it loud than most mobile speakers out there. Lastly, there are four cameras on the back — 16MP AI Samsung lens, 8MP ultrawide, 8MP macro, and 1MP depth.
Doogee S59 Pro will come in black, green, and orange colors.
DOOGEE S59 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 5.71″ IPS LCD HD+ Gorilla Glass, Glove Mode Touchscreen
- Design: a rugged body, IP68, IP69K
- Dimension and Weight: –
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB expandable via microSD slot
- Main Camera: 16MP Samsung + 8MP Ultrawide + 8MP Macro + 2MP Depth| video up to [email protected]?
- Selfie Camera: 16MP | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi , Bluetooth, GPS, USB-C, audio jack, NFC
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 10050mAh(24W)
- Audio: 2W speaker (up to 100dB)
- OS: Android 10
- Colors: black, green, and orange
- Price: $199.99(~Php9,600)
- Release Date: December 2020 (China)