Honda Motors will eventually ditch the Jazz hatchback in select markets as they introduce the hatchback model of Honda City 2021. The 5-door City has been launched in Thailand and will eventually land in other regions and countries including the Philippines.
The Honda City hatch has the same front fascia as the 2020 sedan while the rear features a new LED design similar to the upcoming Civic 2022. Speaking of design, their updated interior will carry on the hatchback City with the company touting its flexible cargo features that suits different types of lifestyle.
There are no words yet if Honda will also introduce its new 1.0-liter 3-cylinder engine that powers the Thai-variant City hatchback. This engine produces 120 HP and 173 Nm which is comparably better than the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder which gives 119 HP and 145 Nm.
Pricing is estimated to start at P800k pesos for the manual transmission model and up to P1-million for the RS model.
Official availability will be announced once the City hatchback 2021 goes official in the Philippines.
Honda City hatchback 5-door 2021 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door subcompact hatchback
- Engine: 1.5-liter or 1.0-liter turbo
- Power: 119 HP or 120 HP
- Torque: 145 Nm or 173 Nm
- Transmission: manual or automatic CVT
- Fuel efficiency: Gasoline, up to 15 km/L
- Ground clearance: 150mm
- Safety: Airbags, ABS, parking sensors
- Features: Touch Infotainment display
- Price: P800,000 estimated base model starting price for manual
- Release date: Q1 2021 in the Philippines