Xiaomi’s sub-brand has finally introduced the Redmi K30 Series. The lineup consists of two SKUs — Redmi K30 and Redmi K30 5G. Both feature 120Hz, Snapdragon 765G and 730G, Android 10, dual-pinhole selfie cameras, and 64MP quad-rear cameras. The price of K30 starts at CNY 1599(~P11,500) and goes up to CNY 2199(~P15,800) while the K30 5G starts at CNY 1999(~P14,400) and goes up to CNY 2899(~P20,900). They are available in white, blue, red, and purple colors. The non-5G model will be available in China starting December 12th while the 5G model will go on sale in January 2020.
Redmi K30 and K30 5G Go Official — Most Affordable 5G Phone for 2020
Let’s start first with the top model. Redmi K30 5G uses the latest Snapdragon 765G chipset that supports built-in 5G stand-alone and non-stand alone sub-6GHz networks. Apart from that, it has a speedier fast charging dubbed as 30W Flash Charge. This allows up to 97% from flat in just an hour. As for the rest, they share the same specs as the 4G Redmi K30.
The K20 successor has a lighter tone going on its back panel featuring 3D curved frosted glass finish. There’s also a large rounded camera module for the quad-camera setup. The four lenses are headlined by the 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor with 8MP ultrawide and 2MP depth and macro sensors. It seems there’s no mention of any sort of stabilization, so we’re guessing it’s using electronic-based at the very least. As for the selfie cameras, there’s the standard 20MP f2.2 and another 2MP f.24 depth.
Interestingly, there’s no under-screen fingerprint scanner here as the company opted for a side-mounted capacitive type. However, you still get the audio jack and microSD slot for storage expansion. Also, the 120Hz display supports HDR10 content. Battery-wise, we’re looking at a typical 4500mAh capacity but the K30 uses 27W fast charging only. Additionally, the chipset used is the Snapdragon 730G. That said, the company claims that the 5mm copper tube liquid cooling should keep the phone cooler by up to 7 degrees. One thing that may disappoint you is the use of IPS LCD instead of AMOLED.
See the list below for the full prices of the two phones:
- Redmi K30 – 4GB/64GB – CNY 1599 (~P11,500)
- Redmi K30 – 4GB/128GB – CNY 1699 (~P12,250)
- Redmi K30 – 8GB/128GB – CNY 1899 (~P13,700)
- Redmi K30 – 8GB/256GB – CNY 2199 (~P15,800)
- Redmi K30 5G – 6GB/64GB – CNY 1999 (~P14,400)
- Redmi K30 5G – 6GB/128GB – CNY 2299 (~P16,500)
- Redmi K30 5G – 8GB/128GB – CNY 2599 (~P18,700)
- Redmi K30 5G – 8GB/256GB – CNY 2899 (~P20,900)
Redmi K30 and K30 5G specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+, IPS LCD, dual-pinhole
- Design: metal frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back and front, frosted-glass finish
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm), SD 765G (7nm) for 5G
- GPU: Adreno 618, 620(5G)
- RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB
- Memory: 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 expandable storage
- Camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor | video up to 4K @ 30fps with EIS?
- Selfie: 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Connectivity: 5G*, 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0 aptX HD, GPS, NFC, audio jack, USB-C
- Battery: non-removable 4500mAh 30W Flash Charge (5G), 27W (4G)
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Release date: December 12th in China (4G), January 2020 (5G)
- Price: CNY 1599 (~P11,500) to CNY 2899 (~P20,900)