LG V60 ThinQ 5G Announced with Dual Screen Accessory
Expected to roll out next month to key markets in Asia, North America, and Europe, LG V60 will become available with a price lower than the base model of Samsung Galaxy S20. In the Philippines, the S20 costs P49,990 ($999 in the US). There will be two colors of V60 — Classy Blue and Classy White. While folding phones are the clear trend in 2020, LG is countering with its LG Dual Screen accessory. It adds another 6.8″ P-OLED screen along with a 2.1″ monochrome cover display that works via USB-C. It also comes in Black and White colors. However, it seems like it’s going to be sold separately thus putting the overall price of V60 a bit higher.
LG V60 ThinQ, as the company likes to call it, packs a massive 5000mAh battery for the Snapdragon 865 5G chipset. The IP68 rated design features MIL-STD 810G compliance making the device more durable to drops and bumps. But, glass is glass, and glass breaks. What’s interesting here is the camera module on the back that resembles the Galaxy S10+ from last year. Also, there are three main cameras — 64MP f1.8 + 13MP ultrawide f1.9 + Z Camera, aka ToF. While there’s no telephoto sensor to use, digital zoom reaches up to 10x. For video, 8K is available up to 24fps plus the support for HDR10+ recording.
At 6.8″, the screen of V60 is nearly as big as the one found on the S20 Ultra. This one is using P-OLED FullVision with a teardrop notch. And like older LG flagship phones, the quad-DAC is present as well as four microphones and stereo speakers. LG even introduced its “Voice Bokeh” wherein the users’ voice separates from the background noise. If you’re looking for “Air Motion” that debuted on LG G8, that’s not present here. The same goes for the 90Hz or 120Hz screen refresh rate.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.9-inch 1080p+, P-OLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, 60Hz, DCI-P3
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back and front, IP68, MIL-STD-810G, Always-on
- Dimension: 169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9mm, 214g
- CPU: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 – expandable with shared microSD of up to 2TB
- Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (standard), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, Dual pixel PDAF, OIS
13 MP, f/1.9, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm
0.3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
| up to 8K @ 24fps video recording, HDR10+, Voice Bokeh, 24-bit, gyro-EIS
- Selfie: 10 MP, f/1.9, 30mm (standard), 1/3.1″, 1.22µm | video recording up to 4K @ 30fps with EIS
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ax, GPS, USB-C, quad-DAC audio jack
- Security: face unlock, under-screen optical fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0+, wireless charging
- OS: Android 10 with LG UX
- Colors: Classy Blue, Classy White
- Price: Less than $999USD
- Release date: March 2020 (Global)