Galaxy S20 Ultra is an all-around beastly phone by Samsung
The biggest sibling among the Galaxy S20 series is the S20 Ultra. It’s priced at P69,990 that will become available in the Philippines starting March 6. That’s already with 12GB RAM (up to 16GB) and 128GB internal storage (up to 512GB). The specs rival even of that Huawei Mate 30 Pro. That said, this is easily the best smartphone Samsung has to offer.
Starting with the dimensions, S20 Ultra is a hefty phone at 8.8mm and weighs 222g. The screen nearly reaches the tablet category at 6.9″ but still uses 1440p+ resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate capped at 1080p. Apart from the screen, the aluminum frame is swapped with a metal material that makes it more durable vs accidental drops and scratches. While we’re not sure whether or not the top model will arrive locally, we think 16GB RAM and 512GB combo is overkill for a phone in 2020.
There are four main sensors on the back of the S20 Ultra. Shaped in a humpy rectangular module, it’s headlined by a 108MP f1.8 wide sensor. While numbers easily attract attention, it’s the 48MP sensor that you really want to put your attention to. It has a periscope lens that allows 10x optical/lossless zoom and up to a whopping 100x Space Zoom, as Samsung likes to call it. On top of that, you can also record 8K videos of up to 24fps with a stabilization feature, too. For the rest of the sensors, S20 Ultra has the typical 12MP f2.2 ultrawide and 0.3MP ToF 3D camera. What about the selfie camera? Well, it now uses a 40MP f2.2 sensor that records up to 4K @ 60fps. It’s worth noting that all three large sensors are using the pixel-binning technique to deliver huge images at smaller file sizes with little-to-no loss of quality.
Since S20 Ultra is a large phone, expect a larger battery, too. Rated 5000mAh capacity, the device supports 45W fast USB Power Delivery 3.0 that goes from zero to 100 in just 74 minutes. However, 15W fast wireless charging and 9W reverse wireless charging stay the same.
Samsung Galaxy S20+ specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.9inch 1440p+, Dynamic AMOLED 2.0, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+, Always-on, 120Hz at 1080p
- Design: metal frame, glass back and front, IP68
- CPU: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
Adreno 650 – USA
- RAM: 12GB, 16GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB UFS 3.0 – expandable with shared microSD of up to 1TB
- Camera: 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF, OIS
Periscope 48 MP, f/3.6, 102mm (telephoto), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 10x hybrid optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1.4µm, AF, Super Steady video
0.3 MP, TOF 3D, (depth)
| up to 8K @ 24fps video recording
- Selfie: 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), PDAF | up to 4K @ 60fps video
- Connectivity: 5G(Region dependent), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C
- Security: face unlock, under-screen ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh (45W USB Power Deliver 3.0 – zero to 100 in 74mins), 15W fast wireless charging, 9w reverse wireless charging
- OS: Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black
- Price: P69,990
- Release date: March 6, 2020 (Philippines)