The Galaxy S20 is priced at P49,990 while the Galaxy S20+ is at P55,990
The wait is over. Samsung’s 2020 flagship S series is here. Meet Galaxy S20 and S20+. Samsung Philippines will be releasing the trio (S20 Ultra) on March 6. While the global variants come with 5G capability, only the Exynos 990 models with the 4G network will become available locally. All three will come in Cosmic Gray but the S20 has a Cloud Pink version that can be had through Globe and Smart postpaid plans. Cosmic Black and Cloud Blue will be available for S20+. Now for the specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Features
Starting with the base model, Galaxy S20 is the smallest of the bunch at 6.2″ with 7.99mm thickness. However, it’s very light at 163g considering the glass-on-glass design which remains IP68 water and dust resistant. As for the screen, the Dynamic AMOLED 2X features 1440p resolution with an option to use 120Hz under 1080p. On the brighter side, the screen is flat to prevent accidental palm touches. There’s still no headphone jack but here are some interesting specs — 4000mAh with 25W Power Delivery 3.0, 15W fast wireless charging, and 9W reverse wireless charging. While there’s only 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage to use, we’re glad Samsung didn’t remove the MicroSD slot.
Now onto the main highlight — the cameras. S20 uses three sensors — 64MP f2.0 telephoto that offers 3x hybrid optical zoom, up to 8K @ 24fps video recording, and up to 30x digital zoom, 12MP f1.8 which is the standard wide lens, and another 12MP f2.2 for an ultrawide angle which features Super Steady video. The selfie camera is now a single sensor in a pinhole which takes inspiration from Galaxy Note 10. Ditching the ultrawide sensor, you’re left with 10MP f2.2 wide which records up to 4K @ 60fps.
Samsung Galaxy S20+ Features
As for the bigger sibling, the Galaxy S20+ is pretty much the same device but bigger and more in some aspects. The display is measured 6.7″ but the sides are slightly curved which can be described as 2.5D curved glass. Again, to prevent accidental touches from 3D curved screens. The USA version runs on Snapdragon 865 while the global version uses Exynos 990. Battery-wise, it’s significantly larger at 4500mAh. Completing the quad-camera setup is 0.3MP ToF 3D sensor. Other than what we’ve mentioned, the rest of the specs stay the same.
Samsung Galaxy S20 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.2-inch 1440p+, Dynamic AMOLED 2.0, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+, Always-on, 120Hz at 1080p
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back and front, IP68
- CPU: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
Adreno 650 – USA
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128GB UFS 3.0 – expandable with shared microSD of up to 1TB
- Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
64 MP, f/2.0, (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x hybrid optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), AF, Super Steady video | up to 8K @ 24fps video recording
- Selfie: 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Connectivity: 5G(Region dependent), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C
- Security: face unlock, under-screen ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000mAh (25W USB Power Deliver 3.0), 15W fast wireless charging, 9w reverse wireless charging
- OS: Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue (Int’l), Cloud Pink (Smart and Globe)
- Price: P49,990
- Release date: March 6, 2020 (Philippines)