Suzuki PH will launch their newest MPV, the XL6, this year which will rival the Toyota Rush and Mitsubishi Xpander. The XL6 is an upgrade to the 7-seater Ertiga but will share the same 1.5-liter engine.
The Suzuki XL6 is a 7-seater MPV with sporty styling compared to its Ertiga sibling. It’s also an alternative to most compact crossover as the XL6 has plenty of ground clearance.
In terms of power, the 1.5-liter gasoline engine produces up to 105 horsepower and 138Nm of torque. It will also be mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission or 5-speed manual.
There is no definite date on when the XL6 will be launched in the Philippines. However, with the launch of India confirmed for this year, the local stores could eventually showcase the XL6 by the end of the year or early next year.
2020 Suzuki XL6 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door MPV, 7-seater
- Engine: 1.5L gasoline, 4-cylinder Euro 4 compliant
- Power: 105 HP @ 6000 rpm
- Torque: 138 Nm @ 4400 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed Manual or 4-speed automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 18km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 200mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger dual SRS airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera (GL, GLX models), ISOFIX
- Features: 8-inch or 10-inch infotainment system
- Price: P800,000 Philippine pesos base m/t model 1.5-liter, P900,000 to P1-M top-spec variant
- Release date: estimated Q4 2019 to Q1 2020 in the Philippines