Vivo’s smartphone gaming brand is further strengthening its lineup with the latest addition of Vivo iQOO Pro. This time, it’s including a 5G model. The iQOO Pro 4G (8GB/128GB) has a starting price of ¥3198 or roughly P23.5K, with the 12GB/128GB model going for ¥3498 or around P25k. While the iQOO Pro 5G (8GB/128GB) starts at ¥3798 or P27,800 and goes up to ¥4098 or P30k (12GB/128GB), with the middle model costing ¥3998 or around P29k (8GB/128GB).
Vivo Launches iQOO Pro Gaming Phone with 5G Capability
In a typical mid-year refresh cycle, Vivo’s iQOO Pro comes with upgraded internals while maintaining the same build and design. Available in LeMans Blue, Racing Black or Phantom Blue colors, it’s still a 6.41″ FHD+ AMOLED device boasting 92% screen-to-body ratio.
Compared to the non-pro iQOO that was launched earlier this year, the pro model comes with a bigger battery at 4500mAh. However, it still retains a very fast 44W charging rate. Spec-wise, the chipset is now of Snapdragon 855+. As for the cameras, the notch still houses a 12MP selfie sensor while the main camera features three sensors — 48MP + 13MP ultra-wide + 2MP depth.
Vivo is also introducing its newest UI for gaming smartphones. From Funtouch 9 OS, iQOO Pro now uses Monster UI. Last but not least is the addition of a 5G modem. All variants will start selling in China on August 29. It’s also unlikely for the devices to be released globally.
Vivo iQOO Pro gaming phone specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED FHD+, ~409ppi
- Design: Glass and metal, dewdrop notch
- CPU: Snapdragon 855+ octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics (700Mhz)
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Memory: 128GB non-expandable
- Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
13 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Selfie: 12MP f2.0
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 4G LTE+ (separate 5G model), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, WiFi ac, audio jack, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 44W Fast Charging, 100% in 45 min.
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Monster UI on top
- Security: Fingerprint scanner embedded under the screen, Face Unlock
- Release date: August availability in China
- Price: from ¥3198 or roughly P23.5K to ¥4098 or P30k