Among realme Q3 Series, the Q3i 5G is the cheapest 5G phone. In China, it will only retail for ¥1099(~₱8,100) and ¥1199(~₱8,900) for the 4/128GB and 6/128GB, respectively. While realme had to make adjustments to hit that price point for a 5G-ready device, the overall package of the Q3i isn’t half bad at all. Again, the indicated Philippine pricing is not the official local price of the device.
For starters, realme Q3i is a lot smoother than most budget phones today thanks to the 6.5″ IPS LCD 90Hz display. It’s also slightly brighter at 600 nits peak. There’s a 16MP selfie camera on the top-left corner of the screen, but there are three sensors on the back — 48MP wide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth. Unfortunately, you can only record up to [email protected]
At the core of the Q3i 5G is the Dimensity 700 SoC, which has been quite around lately at this price point. realme is relying on the Dynamic RAM Expansion technology that makes the 6GB RAM act as smoothly as an 8GB model. It’s obvious that you can’t magically add 2GB RAM on a 6GB phone, but we’re guessing it’s just software enhancement for better resource management.
For the rest of the Q3i, it offers a 180Hz touch sampling rate, 18W fast charging for the 5000mAH battery, and up to 1TB of microSD expansion.
realme Q3i is available in blue and gray colors but throws away the huge tagline on the back. And if you’re waiting for a global release, it appears like realme 8 5G is the one you’re looking for since they’re practically the same phone.
realme Q3i 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS LCD 90Hz, 600 nits peak, Dragontrail glass
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.5 mm, 185g
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 4GB/8GB
- Memory: 128GB with dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) | video recording up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide)| video recording up to [email protected]
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ac, GPS, audio jack, USB-C
- Security: side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh(18W)
- Audio: loudspeaker 24-bit
- OS: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Colors: Supersonic Blue, Supersonic Black
- Price: ¥1099(~₱8,100) and ¥1199(~₱8,900) without PH taxes and fees
- Release date: April 2021 (China)