Huawei has introduced a new variant of its Honor X series. Unlike last year, the affordable mid-range Honor 9X gets a higher-spec model called Honor 9X Pro. It goes available in China, starting August 9. The Philippines, including the rest of the world, will have to wait for a later date.
Honor 9X Pro Now Official
The Honor 9X series is the first Honor lineup to sport a pop-up camera, with the 9X Pro featuring a 16MP f2.2 sensor. On the back, there are three cameras to use — 48Mp + 8MP ultra-wide + 2MP depth. Aside from the camera, the “X” pattern shines uniquely among the rest of iridescent hue phones. Upfront is a 6.59″ FHD+ LCD. Unlike the Vivo V15 or OPPO F15 Pro, the fingerprint scanner is mounted on the right side.
Inside the 9X Pro is the new Kirin 810 chipset with liquid cooling support and GPU Turbo 3.0 technology. It only comes with 8GB RAM with 128GB or 256GB internal storage option. Yes, you can expand it via micro SD slot of up to 512GB. There’s also a large 4000mAh battery that charges via USB Type-C. Unfortunately, you’re capped at 10W.
In China, the Honor 9X Pro is priced at CNY 2199 or roughly P16k for the 8GB+128GB model. While the top model costs CNY 2399 or nearly P18k.
For the budget-minded, the Honor 9X was launched for P10k starting price with the same chipset.
Honor 9X Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.59-inch IPS LCD FHD+, Corning Gorilla Glass ver?
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back
- CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128/256GB + microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 1/2″, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide) +
2 MP (depth sensor)
- Selfie Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, headphone jack
- Security: side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 10W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1
- Release date: July 2019 China, TBA Philippines
- Price: CNY 2199 or roughly P16k – CNY 2399 or nearly P18k