Huawei has done it again, or should we say, Honor has done it again. Introducing the Honor 30S, it’s one of the most talked mid-range smartphones this month, all thanks to the Kirin 820 that beats the Snapdragon 855 in benchmarks. Honor’s budget flagship phone is priced at CNY 2399(~P17K) in China while the 8GB/256GB model can be had for CNY 2699(~P19K). It will go on sale starting April 7, with no assurance whether or not it will become available globally. With that said, here are the specs of the Honor 30S.
The new phone is the first phone to feature HiSilicon Kirin 820. Performance-wise, the new chipset is far more superior than Snapdragon 765G that comes with a built-in 5G modem. This means it easily undercuts the competition both in price and performance. The starting model features 128GB internal storage that can still be expanded via a nano-memory slot. The battery is still rated 4000mAh, however, it’s coupled with 40W super-fast charging that’s also on the Huawei P40 Pro.
Honor 30S packs a 64MP quad-cam setup that also features an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP macro, and an 8MP telephoto lens that offers 3x optical zoom. The selfie camera housed inside a pinhole is a 16MP sensor. At 6.5-inch, content is crisp at FHD+ but some might be bothered by the IPS LCD. Even with the sheer popularity of AMOLED, we still think LCD is better if you’re all about longevity. Honor’s latest mid-range handset runs on the latest Magic UI 3.1.1 that’s based on Android 10. Some notable features are the side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a headphone jack.
Honor 30S available colors are black, green, and blue.
Honor 30S specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ LTPS IPS LCD, Pinhole
- Design: metal frame, glass backing, Gorilla Glass ver?
- Dimension and Weight: 162.3 x 75 x 8.6 mm , 190g
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 820 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 3×2.22 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.84 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 6
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GBGB UFS 2.1 with shared nano-memory slot of up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), AF, 3x optical zoom
8 MP, f/2.4, 17mm (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
| video recording up to 2160p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
| video recording up to FHD @ 30fps
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ac, GPS, audio jack, USB-C
- Security: rear fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- Battery: 4000mAh 40W fast charging (70% in 30 min)
- Audio: south-firing mono speaker, 32-bit
- OS: Android 10.0 (AOSP + HMS); Magic UI 3.1
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green, Gradient
- Price: CNY 2399(~P17K) and CNY 2699(~P19K)
- Release date: April 7, 2020 (China), TBD (Global)