Last month, Samsung announced the Galaxy A32 5G for the European market, the successor to the budget-oriented AMOLED Galaxy A31. But apparently, the Galaxy A32 4G is the direct successor as the company publishes the specs on its website, revealing what to expect before it goes on sale in March in Russia. According to a report, the 4GB/64GB model is the one available in Russia, with the 6GB/128GB reserved for India. That said, the price of the Galaxy A32 4G base model is ₽19,990(~Php13,000).
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G has the same design cues as the 5G model, including the pink, blue, and white colorways. However, the 4G model takes the 6.4″ FHD+ Super AMOLED screen of the A31 and improves it by adding a 90Hz refresh rate, albeit with a teardrop notch. Since it’s OLED, there’s also an in-display fingerprint scanner.
At the core of the Galaxy A32 4G is the Helio G80 chip, which is a slight upgrade over the Helio P65 of the predecessor. On the flip end, there are now 64MP quad-cameras on the back and a 20MP selfie snapper. Lastly, the 5000mAh battery powers the device and supports 15W fast charging.
There’s no word yet whether Samsung would bring the Galaxy A32 4G or 5G to other markets. That said, which would you prefer to launch in the Philippines?
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED 90Hz, 800 nits peak
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 73.6 x 8.4 mm, 184g
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 expandable via shared microSD slot
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| up to [email protected] video recording
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide)| video up to FHD @ 30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh battery (15W)
- Audio: loudspeaker
- OS: Android 11, One UI 3.0
- Colors: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Blue, Awesome Violet
- Price: ₽19,990(~Php13,000)
- Release date: February 2021 (Russia)