The newest addition to the POCO lineup has been announced — meet POCO M3.
Aimed towards the entry-level market, the M3 only retails for Php6,990 and Php7,990 for the 4GB/64GB and 4GB/128GB, respectively. The main features you get for that price are a 6000mAh battery with an 18W fast charger, a bold design with the biggest camera module yet, and a Snapdragon 662 SoC.
Compared with Snapdragon 665, the 662 has a slower modem and clock speeds, but the software optimization puts the performance ahead of the 665.
You can choose from black, blue, and yellow colors once POCO M3 goes on sale on November 27th. It’ll become available via Xiaomi Official Store Global on Lazada with early bird prices that put the two models down to Php5,990 and Php6,990 only. In addition, those who purchase POCO M3 on November 27 from 00:00 to 02:00 will receive a gift, Mi In-Ear Headphones Basic Piston Earphone, while stocks last.
Unlike the POCO X3 NFC, the M3 doesn’t pack a fast refresh rate. It has the standard 6.53″ FHD+ Dot Drop IPS LCD, along with a fingerprint scanner on the right-hand side. An 8MP selfie camera can be found within the small notch, while a 48MP triple-camera setup can be seen on the back. Unfortunately, there are only two 2MP lenses for depth and macro purposes. It’s weird to see POCO skip out on an ultrawide lens when almost all devices have it already.
The most interesting tidbit about the M3, however, is its design. In case you didn’t know, it resembles the OnePlus 8T Cyberpunk 2077 edition, particularly the camera module. We all thought the X3 NFC has the boldest camera design ever, but this one is different. On top of that, the entire panel features a textured finish for better grip.
Some notable features included are MIUI Game Booster, UFS storage, Night Mode, Timelapse, Color Focus, 400 nits brightness, dual-speaker system, L1 Widevine certification for watching HD Netflix videos, and TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light filter.
POCO M3 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.53″ IPS LCD FHD+ 400 nits, Gorilla Glass 3, L1 Widevine certified
- Design: textured back, all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm, 198g
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Qualcomm® KryoTM 260, Octa-core CPU, up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 (2.2 for top model) expandable
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 0.7µm, PDAF
2 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 8MP 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.05 | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB-C, audio jack, Infrared port,
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 6000mAh(18W)
- Audio: dual-speakers
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Colors: Cool Blue, POCO Yellow, and Power Black,
- Price: Php6,990 and Php7,990
- Release Date: November 27 2020 (Philippines)