Redmi K40 has arrived in the global market as the POCO F3 and with a special introductory price of Php15,990 in the Philippines for the 6/128GB base model. The 8/256GB variant also comes at an early bird promo price of P18,990 but available exclusively on Lazada. Those who can’t take advantage of the early bird sale on March 27th will have to settle for their SRPs — which are P17,990 and P20,990, respectively.
The specs and features of POCO F3 aren’t new to us since we’ve seen the Redmi K40 Series earlier this year. But to recap, the F3 is using the Snapdragon 870 chip with 5G support, UFS 3.1 storage, and the much-awaited 6.67″ 120Hz display, married with an AMOLED panel. Furthermore, the screen offers a 360Hz touch rate, 900 nits typical brightness, 1300 nits peak in HDR10+ videos, MEMC technology for smoother video playback, True Color, and Sunlight Display 3.0. Despite all that, the smartphone is using a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
You can get the F3 in Arctic White, Night Black, and Deep Ocean Blue colors, featuring Gorilla Glass 5 covers on front and back. For a feature-packed smartphone, it only clocks in at 7.8mm, making it one of the thinnest phones from POCO yet. It’s also relatively light at 196g.
Other than being a powerhouse, POCO F3 is not skimping on vibration motor as it packs X-axis linear motor for better haptic feedback. What’s more, the Dolby Atmos-certified stereo speakers not only support Hi-res audio on a wire but also wireless.
Although the F3 is geared towards the gamers out there, the 48MP triple-camera setup isn’t a slouch at all. Combined with the software enhancement of the flagship chipset, the combination of 48MP 6P main lens, 8MP ultrawide, and 5MP tele-macro cameras can output great quality.
The difference between the Redmi K40 and POCO F3 is that the latter doesn’t come in a 12GB/256GB configuration.
POCO F3 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67″ 120Hz AMOLED HDR10+ 1300nits peak, MEMC, DCI-P3, 360Hz touch rate
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 (front and back), aluminum frame
- Dimension and Weight: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm, 196g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 non-expandable
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
5 MP, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm| video up to [email protected] EIS
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C, NFC, Infrared port
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4520mAh(33W – 100% in 52 minutes)
- Audio: loudspeaker, 24-bit, aptX HD
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Colors: Black, White, Aurora
- Price: P17,990 and P20,990 – early bird price of Php15,990 and P18,990
- Release Date: February 2021 (China), March 2021 (Philippines)