If you’ve been waiting for the POCO F1 successor, we think that it’s the recently announced POCO X3 Pro since it carries a flagship-level chipset and a trendy feature in the 120Hz display for only Php12,990 for the 6/128GB model and Php15,990 for 8/256GB. That’s not all, though. As part of the early bird promo on March 24th, the X3 Pro in Phantom Black, Frost Blue, and Metal Bronze colors will be exclusively available on Shopee for only P10,990 and P13,990 for the base and top models, respectively. You’re looking at a P2000 discount for a newly-released smartphone!
As spoiled by leaks, POCO X3 Pro indeed comes with Snapdragon 860 chip, 120Hz IPS LCD, 48MP quad-cameras, and a 5160mAh battery (33W). However, let’s dive deeper into these features.
This is the first time Snapdragon 860 arrived on a smartphone, the successor to the Snapdragon 855, although there’s no 5G chipset, the 7nm-based SoC is powerful enough to handle most intensive games, including Genshin Impact. Together with the new chipset are a faster UFS 3.1 storage and MIUI 12 for POCO based on Android 11.
The LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus from POCO is here, but the build on the back of the X3 Pro is now sporting the Gorilla Glass 6 for better scratch resistance. While the X3 Pro may feel as heavy and big as the X3 NFC, that Metal Bronze color is surely a refreshing sight.
As for that controversial display, it’s nearly the same 120Hz refresh rate (240Hz touch rate) FHD+ IPS LCD panel of the X3 NFC that peaks at 450 nits and supports HDR 10. But for the first time on a POCO phone, the company had to swap out the 64MP quad-cameras for a 48MP setup that also includes an 8MP ultrawide and a pair of 2MP sensors for the macro and depth. Fortunately, the same 20MP pinhole selfie camera stays.
For the rest of the specs — you’re still getting a headphone jack with hi-res audio certification, dual-speakers, NFC, IR blaster, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. While the microSD tray accepts up to 1TB of expandable storage, it’s now in the form of a hybrid SIM slot, so you lose dual-sim capability if you want to add more storage.
POCO X3 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67 FHD+ IPS LCD DotDisplay 120Hz (240Hz touch rate) 450 nits peak, HDR10
- Design: 2.5D Gorilla Glass 6 front, Gorilla Glass 5 back, metal frame
- Dimensions: 165.3mm x 76.8mm x 9.4mm, 215g
- Chipset: Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 860 (7 nm)
- CPU: Qualcomm® KryoTM 485, Octa-core CPU, up to 2.96GHz
- GPU: Qualcomm® AdrenoTM 640
- RAM: 6/8GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128/256GB UFS 3.1 expandable via shared microSD slot up to 1TB
- Main Camera: 48MP main camera
– 1/2″ sensor size, 1.6μm 4-in-1 large pixel
– f/1.79, 6P lens, AF
• 8MP ultra-wide camera
– f/2.2, FOV 119°
• 2MP macro camera
– f/2.4, FF (4cm)
• 2MP depth sensor
– f/2.4, FF | up to [email protected] video recording EIS
- Selfie Camera: 20MP f2.2 wide | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C, NFC, audio jack, IR blaster
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5160mAh battery (33W)
- Audio: Hi-res certified, stereo speakers
- OS: MIUI 12 for POCO (Android 11)
- Colors: Phantom Black, Frost Blue, and Metal Bronze
- Price: Php12,990 for the 6/128GB model and Php15,990 for 8/256GB – early bird promo for P10,990 and P13,990
- Release date: March 24, 2021 (Philippines)