OPPO Watch arrives in India and Europe
The first smartwatch from OPPO is finally going global starting this month. Available in 46mm and 41mm sizes, the price starts at €249(~P14,400) in Europe, with India having the option to spend INR14,990(~P9,800) for the smaller version and INR19,990(~P13,100) for the bigger one. OPPO Watch first released in China last March and, you can check the feature rundown here. However, the global version is a bit different in some specs.
The global variant of OPPO Watch features two chipsets — Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 and Ambiq Micro Apollo 3. The former lets the smart wearable run Wear OS, complete with Google Play and OK Google support, while the latter allows it to run on a low-power mode that only shows the essentials like time and notifications. With that said, you can also expect different runtimes. With Wear OS, the battery can last 24 hours(41mm) and 36 hours(46mm) in Smart Mode while Power Saver Mode can provide up to 14 days (41mm) and 21 days(46mm) battery life.
Regardless, the watch supports fast charging technology that gets the battery to a hundred percent in 75 minutes and 46% in just 15 minutes. However, the 41mm can only charge up to 30% in 15 minutes despite the smaller capacity.
OPPO Watch 41mm comes in black, pink gold, and silver mist colors, with the 46mm in black and glossy gold. Pre-order is already up in the aforementioned countries.
OPPO Watch (Global) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 1.6-inch (320 x 360 pixels) (41mm) AMOLED screen / 1.91-inch (402 x 476 pixels) (46mm) curved sapphire AMOLED screen
- Design: aluminum (41mm), stainless steel, ceramic bottom, leather band (46mm)
- Dimension and Weight: –
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 & Apollo 3 processor
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 8GB
- Connectivity: LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi n, GPS, NFC
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Battery: 300mAh for 41mm with 20 hours of usage, 14 days in long battery mode | 430mAh for 46mm with 40 hours of usage, 21 days in long battery mode
- Speaker: yes
- Microphone: yes
- OS: ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Colors: elegant black, rose gold and fog silver (41mm), Black and rose gold (46mm)
- Price: INR14,990(~P9,800) for 41mm and INR19,990(~P13,100) for 46mm
- Release date: August 2020 (India, Europe)