Launched last Thursday in China, Nubia‘s new gaming smartphones were announced with overkill hardware that boasts the latest in mobile technologies, directly competing with rivals in the same category including the ASUS ROG Phone 5s and the Xiaomi 12 Pro.
Despite having been unveiled a few days ago, the brand made official the global availability of the Red Magic 7, while the Pro version will be announced soon.
According to information, the global version of the Red Magic 7 brings a noticeable downgrade in charging power compared to the Chinese model, keeping the same battery with 4,500 mAh capacity, but supporting only 65W against 120W of the Asian variant.
This change should change the phone’s charging time, which at 120W can be fully charged in just 17 minutes, according to the manufacturer. The rest of the datasheet remains unchanged: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, up to 18GB of RAM and AMOLED FHD+ screen with a rate of 165 Hz and sampling rate of 720 Hz.
Red Magic 7 (Global) specs:
- Network: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE
- Display: 6.8-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) AMOLED, 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch sampling rate
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (back and front), Aviation aluminum middle frame (sides)
- OS: Red Magic 5.0, Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 12GB/16GB/18GB LPPDDR5 RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Security: Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Rear Camera: 64MP f/1.8 (main), 8MP 120° f/2.0 (ultra-wide), 2MP (macro)
- Front/Selfie Camera: 8MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Port: USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with 65W fast charging
- Dimensions & Weight: 170.6 x 78.3 x 9.5 mm, 215g
- Colors: Deuterium Blade (transparent), Cyber Neon and Polar Black Night
Pricing and availability
The suggested price varies according to the storage and RAM, starting at US$629 (~PHP32,130) on the vanilla model with 128GB/12GB and reaching up to US$799 (~PHP40,810) on the variant with 256GB/18GB with availability in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and only three Latin American countries: Mexico, Peru and Chile.
Red Magic 7 Pro, in turn, should be made official globally at the second quarter of this year.