ASUS is literally updating its ZenFone 7 Pro from last year and calling it the ZenFone 8 Flip this year but with Snapdragon 888 in tow. In fact, the company didn’t even bother to swap out the panel for a faster 120Hz, which mid-range phones now have. But it seems ASUS is focusing more on its newest small phone, which is the ZenFone 8. Regardless, we’re here to talk about the flipping phone.
As the name suggests, ASUS dropped the Pro moniker in favor of Flip. Despite the name change, the device is still the same 6.67-inch Super AMOLED with 90Hz refresh rate and 1000 nits peak brightness. The front is protected with Gorilla Glass 6, while the back is with Gorilla 3, including the camera module.
Camera-wise, you’re still looking at the same 64MP Sony main sensor, 8MP telephoto with 3x optical zoom, and 12MP ultrawide. Although the Snapdragon 888 also allows for up to [email protected] video recording, there’s still no OIS to compensate for the shakiness.
The battery of the ZenFone 8 Flip is still large at 5000mAh, with support for 30W fast charging.
ASUS Zenfone 8 Flip comes in Galactic Black and Glacier Silver colors and has a price of €799(~₱46,000) in Europe for the 8/256GB model. And after three years, ASUS is coming back to the Philippines to release the ZenFone 8 Series.
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67″ Super AMOLED 90Hz, HDR10+, 1000 nits peak
- Design: Gorilla Glass 6 front, Glass 3 Back, aluminum frame
- Dimension and Weight: 165 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm, 230g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), PDAF, 3x optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.2, 112˚, 14mm (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF | video up to 8K30fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: same as main camera
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6e, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB-C, NFC
- Security: face unlock, in-display scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(30W)
- Audio: stereo speakers, 24-bit, aptX HD and Adaptive codecs
- OS: Android 11, ZenUI 8
- Colors: Galactic Black, Glacier Silver
- Price: €799(~₱46,000)
- Release Date: May 2021 (Europe)