Together with other high-end phones, Xiaomi has also introduced two new mid-range phones, namely the Mi 11 Lite 4G and Mi 11 Lite 5G. The company is giving consumers two options to either go for a value-oriented 4G phone or a futureproofed 5G option. Either way, here’s what you need to know about their similarities and differences.
Starting with Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G, it comes equipped with the first Snapdragon 780G on the market. Qualcomm’s new SoC boasts better camera support, a new AI engine, better battery efficiency, and support for Wi-Fi 6. And for the first time, the Snapdragon-powered Mi 11 Lite 5G supports dual-5G standby. But for the performance, Xiaomi boasted on stage the Mi 11 Lite 5G garnering over 550,000 points on the Antutu benchmark.
Outside performance, the Mi 11 Lite 5G sports a 6.55″ AMOLED FHD+ 10-bit display with a 90Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch rate. There are three cameras on the back, featuring a 64MP 6P lens, 8MP ultrawide 5P lens, and 5MP telemacro lens. A 20MP selfie camera, on the front, completes the quad-camera experience.
Adding to the long feature list of Mi 11 Lite 5G are dual-speakers with Hi-res audio wired/wireless certification, 33W fast charging, LiquidCool technology, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and an ultralight design clocking in at 159g only.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G is available in Truffle Black, Mint Green, and Citrus Yellow colors with “impact-resistant” glass backs, according to Xiaomi. The phone will go on sale for a starting price of €369(~PHP21,000).
Moving over to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G, most of the aforementioned features are present here. However, the chipset of the 4G model is Snapdragon 732G and still no headphone jack.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G comes in Boba Black, Peach Pink, and Bubblegum Blue colors with “impact-resistant” glass backs and Gorilla Glass 5 for the front. The price of the phone for the global market is €299(~PHP17,000).
The global and local availability of the Mi 11 Lite Series will be announced soon.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.55 AMOLED FHD+ 10-bit, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch, HDR10+, TrueColor, DCI-P3
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 front, “impact-resistant” glass back
- Dimension and Weight: 159g
- Chipset: Snapdragon 780G (5nm) | 4G – Snapdragon 732G(8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 642 (780G) | Adreno 618(732G)
- RAM: 6GB | 8GB (5G)
- Storage: 128GB (4G & 5G) | 64GB (4G)
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)| video up to [email protected] EIS
- Selfie Camera: 20MP | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: dual-5G (5G), 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6 (ac for 4G), Bluetooth 5.2 & 5.1, GPS, USB-C, IR blaster,
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4250mAh(33W)
- Audio: dual-speaker, Hi-res wired and wireless
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Colors: 5G – Truffle Black, Mint Green, and Citrus Yellow | 4G – Boba Black, Peach Pink, and Bubblegum Blue
- Price: starts at €299(~PHP17,000) | €369(~PHP21,000) for 5G
- Release Date: March 2021 (China, Global)