Vivo continues to expand its Y20 Series budget devices as it launches the sixth member of the family — meet Vivo Y20G. The “G” in the moniker appears to be aimed at gamers on a budget, though Vivo never really confirmed the meaning behind it. Nevertheless, here’s what to expect from the new phone made in India.
The Y20G comes equipped with an Helio G80 chipset, alongside a decent 6GB RAM and 128GB expandable storage. It’s an eMMC for the latter, instead of the faster UFS. Though the phone runs on FunTouch OS 11, the UI is still based on Android 10 flavor.
The display has an average size of 6.51″ diagonal, sporting IPS LCD with HD+ resolution. It may be lacking in sharpness, but battery-wise, it’s going to increase usage time. There are three cameras on the back, albeit with two usable sensors — the 13MP main and 2MP macro. The other 2MP is for depth-sensing. Upfront is an 8MP selfie camera housed inside a teardrop notch. As for the battery, the Y20G sports 5000mAh with support for an 18W fast charger.
Vivo Y20G is available in Purist Blue and Obsidian Black colors and up for sale in India for INR14,990(~Php9,800). There’s no word yet whether it’ll hit other markets, including the Philippines. That said, you can check Vivo Y20i that retails for Php7,499 and features a similar design to the Y20G.
Vivo Y20G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.51″ IPS LCD HD+
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm, 192.3g
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB UFS eMMC 5.1 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide) | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, microUSB, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(18W)
- Audio: loudspeaker
- OS: Android 10, Funtouch 11
- Colors: Purist Blue, Obsidian Black
- Price: INR14,990(~Php9,800)
- Release Date: January 2021 (India)