Toyota Philippines formally launches its first hybrid Crossover in the Philippines, the Corolla Cross 2021. It’s a compact SUV based on the Corolla Altis sedan and it will have a hybrid variant along with the 1.8 G model.
In terms of looks, the Toyota Corolla Cross is a big step as it brings both RAV4 and the Corolla sedan into one especially on the massive grille at the front and sleek LED taillights. The interior is also updated with touch infotainment while the 1.8 HV or hybrid model will offer extra driver assistance package including the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane Departure, Dynamic Cruise Control, automatic mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, and Pre-collision warning.
Both models have 7 SRS airbags, reverse camera, parking sensors, and automatic or CVT transmission mated to a front-wheel drive.
The 1.8 HV Toyota Corolla Cross promises of up 20+ km per liter, thanks to the backup electric motor. It will be priced for P1.65 Million pesos and will be available by September 2020 along with the 1.8 G model. The color options include White Pearl, Metallic Grey, Red Mica or brown, and Attitude Black Mica.
Toyota Corolla Cross 2021 and 1.8 HV Hybrid specs, release date Philippines, price
- Body type: 5-door compact SUV
- Engine:1.8-liter hybrid electric non-turbo gas or petrol
- Power: 140HP and 170 HP (hybrid)
- Torque: 163 Nm, 305 Nm (hybrid 1.8 HV)
- Transmission: e-CVT automatic or 5-speed manual
- Fuel efficiency: 15 to 20 km/l estimated
- Ground clearance: 180mm*
- Safety: 7 SRS airbags with front passenger and side curtain airbags, Pre Collision, Lane departure, Lane tracing, Road Sign Assist, Rearview camera, reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Keyless entry, Infotainment touch center display, Digital gauge cluster
- Price: estimated at P1,290,000 for the manual base model up to P1.65-million for Hybrid
- Release: September 2020 in the Philippines