Xperia L4 Is Sony’s Entry-Level 21:9 Phone in 2020
Even though MWC 2020 has been canceled due to the risk of coronavirus, that hasn’t stopped Sony from releasing a new phone. Sony Xperia L4 is a new entry-level device with a very tall screen thanks to the 21:9 aspect ratio. Even with the cinema-wide aspect ratio, the size of the display is only 6.2″ diagonal. Furthermore, it’s only set at 720p+ resolution for the teardrop-notched IPS LCD. Available in Black and Blue colors, Xperia L4 will become available to select markets between March and June 2020. No word yet about the price, but to give an idea, Xperia L3 launched in the Philippines for P11,000.
For the rest of the specs, Xperia L4’s squared design is made of polycarbonate. There are three main cameras — featuring 13MP f2.0 wide + 5MP f2.2 ultrawide + 2MP f2.2 depth. The selfie camera is using an 8MP f2.0 sensor. Running Helio P22 chipset with 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, the combination seems to be a bit lacking by today’s standards. The same goes for the 3580mAh battery. On the brighter side, there’s USB Type-C with fast charging support and NFC.
Sony Xperia L4 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD, HD+
- Design: polycarbonate body
- Dimensions: 159 x 71 x 8.7 mm, 178 g
- CPU/Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1 with shared microSD slot of up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.0″, PDAF
5 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide), 1/5.0″
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) | up to 1080p @ 30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
| video up to FHD @ 30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a, GPS, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3580 mAh battery, 15W PD fast charging?
- Audio: mono south-firing speaker
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Sony customization
- Colors: Black, Blue
- Price: TBD
- Release date: March-June 2020 (Limited market)