As anticipated, OPPO finally launched the Reno5 Pro+ 5G — the top-end foodchain of the Reno5 family. The most expensive model separates itself from the Reno5 and Reno5 Pro by using a flagship-level Snapdragon 865 chipset. However, all three are capable of supporting the new 5G bands.
In China, the Reno5 Pro+ 5G will become available for sale starting December 29th. The price for the 8GB/128GB base model is CNY 3,999(~Php29,400) while the 12GB/256GB top model costs CNY 4,499(~Php33,100). A special edition, in partnership with Joshua Vides, will go up for pre-order on January 18, with shipping on 22nd, for the same price as the top model. As for the regular models, they come in black and blue colors only.
Another highlight of the Reno5 Pro+ 5G is the 50MP Sony IMX766 camera, making the device one of the first devices to sport the latest flagship Sony sensor. It features a wide f/1.8 opening for better low-light capabilities, as well as OIS for crisper photos and stabler videos. A 13MP f/2.4 lens allows for optical zoom while a 16MP and 2MP pave the way for ultrawide and macro, respectively.
Much like the rest of the Reno5 Series, the same 32MP pinhole selfie camera with EIS is here.
Reno5 Pro+ 5G omitted the audio jack, including the expandable slot to make room for 5G and slim design.
It remains to be seen regarding the local availability of the Reno5 Series in the Philippines. But if we’re to play it by ear, we might see the devices as early as March or August 2021.
If you want to see how the Reno5 and Reno5 Pro stack up with the Reno5 Pro+ 5G, check out this article.
OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.55″ AMOLED FHD+ 90Hz HDR10+ 1100nits peak
- Design: metal frame, glass back, oleophobic and fluorescent coated
- Dimension and Weight: 159.9 x 72.5 x 8 mm, 184g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB/12GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 non-expandable
- Main Camera: 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, PDAF, OIS
13 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, optical zoom
16 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)| video up to [email protected] with EIS
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm| up to [email protected] with EIS
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB-C
- Security: face unlock, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4500mAh(65W)
- Audio: stereo speakers, aptX HD
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Colors: Black, Blue
- Price: CNY 3,999(~Php29,400) and CNY 4,499(~Php33,100)
- Release Date: December 2020 (China)