Aside from the Redmi Note 9T, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi 9T for budget-conscious consumers. The company is branding the 9T as the entry-level king phone in 2021, replacing the Redmi 9 of last year. To keep it short, the Redmi 9T is the re-branded version of the POCO M3 with minor yet significant differences.
For starters, the Redmi 9T supports up to 128GB storage and up to 6GB RAM. Unfortunately, Xiaomi did not reveal the price of the top model. What we know is that the 4GB/64GB and 4GB/128GB retail for €159(~Php9,300) and €189(~Php11,100), respectively. Should you wish to get the NFC version, an additional €10 on top of the price tags is needed.
Compared to the POCO M3, the Redmi 9T comes in several color selections — Twilight Blue, Sunset Orange, Carbon Gray, and Ocean Green. Additionally, it now has an 8MP ultrawide lens on the back for a complete quad-camera setup. This was one of the things that we pointed out on the POCO M3, and we’re glad the re-branded model has completed the package.
As for the rest of the specs, the Redmi 9T sports Snapdragon 662, 6.53″ FHD+ DotDisplay with Widevine L1 support for Netflix HD playback, dedicated microSD slot, stereo speakers, and 6000mAh battery that charges up to 18W via USB-C.
Redmi 9T specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.53″ IPS LCD FHD+ 400 nits, Gorilla Glass 3, L1 Widevine certified
- Design: textured back, all-polycarbonate, splash-resistant
- Dimension and Weight: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm, 198g
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Qualcomm® KryoTM 260, Octa-core CPU, up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 expandable via dedicated microSD slot up to 512GB
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 8MP 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.05 | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB-C, audio jack, Infrared port, NFC (optional)
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 6000mAh(18W)
- Audio: dual-speakers
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise Orange, Ocean Green
- Price: €159(~Php9,300) and €189(~Php11,100)
- Release Date: January 2021 (Europe)