Xiaomi’s newest phone aims to provide consumers a 5G phone that lasts long and powers strong. Available in Nightfall Black and Daybreak Purple colors, the Redmi Note 9T comes with a 3D curved design with anti-fingerprint texture and finish. If that’s not enough to entice you, there’s also splash-resistance. But what’s really the highlight of the device is the innards.
Under the hood of the Redmi Note 9T is the MediaTek Dimensity 800U that’s almost 100% better than the Snapdragon 655 in Geekbench. In other words, it’s faster and more powerful than the most used budget SoC of 2020. There’s a good chance that the 800U will become the new Snapdragon 665 in 2021, living among the cheapest budget phones. What’s more, the MediaTek chipset lets users take advantage of dual-standby 5G, something that most 5G devices today lack.
Xiaomi is boasting the 360-degree antenna in the Redmi Note 9T’s design that allows for the most optimal connection, regardless of hand position. On top of that, seven temperature monitors should keep the device from overheating.
Upfront is a 6.5″ FHD+ IPS LCD with a 13MP pinhole selfie camera. A stereo speaker setup gets paired with an audio jack, which should make audio-centric happy. There’s even NFC, in addition to IR blaster.
As for cameras, the back commands a 48MP sensor with two more lenses to boot.
Redmi Note 9T comes in two storage options — 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB — and they cost €229(~Php13,500) and €269(~Php15,800). However, the early bird price puts the SRPs down to €199(~Php11,700) and €249(~Php14,600), respectively.
With Xiaomi Philippines getting active in promoting Redmi Note 9T, it’s only a matter of time until the company releases the new 5G device in the country.
Redmi Note 9T specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5″ IPS LCD FHD+
- Design: all-polycarbonate?
- Dimension and Weight: 162 x 77.3 x 9.2 mm, 199 g
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6873 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 13 MP, f/2.3, 29mm (standard), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth, GPS, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(18W)
- Audio: stereo speaker
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Colors: Nightfall Black and Daybreak Purple
- Price: €229(~Php13,500) and €269(~Php15,800)
- Release Date: January 2021 (Europe)