There’s a new addition to the Realme 7 Series family — and that’s none other than Realme 7 5G. Available in Europe starting November 27 via Amazon, the company’s most affordable 5G phone yet comes with a price of £279 or around ~Php17,800 before taxes and import fees. That’s almost the same price as the Realme 7 Pro. Given that Europe has a higher tax rate than most parts of the world, Realme 7 5G might be slightly less expensive if it ever arrives in other regions.
Compared to the Realme 7 Pro, the 5G variant introduces a few changes in the spec sheet. For starters, the previously 60Hz AMOLED is now IPS LCD, but with 120Hz smoothness. The same goes for the 65W Dart Charge that’s now down to 30W. However, the 5000mAh can still go up to 100% in, more or less, 65 minutes.
The camera experience is a bit standard affair due to the use of the following:
- 48MP f1.8 wide
- 8MP f2.3 ultrawide
- 2MP f2.4 macro
- 2MP f2.4 depth
- 16MP f2.1 pinhole selfie
Fortunately, the 5G-giver Dimensity 800U allows you to record up to 4K@30fps video with EIS in tow. The selfie camera, though, is stuck at 1080p@30fps. The chipset from MediaTek, as realme claims, will offer up to 11% more performance and up to 28% more in GPU. We’re not sure what phone the company is comparing the chipset with, but we assume that it’s the Snapdragon 720G of Realme 7 4G. Paired with the chipset is 4GB RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. Apparently, there’s a dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion, which is rare for a 5G device.
Realme 7 5G appears to be made for gamers as well, as it features Realme’s new “Competition Mode” that improves the 180Hz touch rate by 35% and gaming performance by 20%. Supporting dual-5G connectivity, the device covers 12 main global frequencies and even lets 5G and Wi-Fi work together for improved speeds.
If we’re to assume that Realme 7 5G would arrive in the Philippines, it’s going to pose a problem for Realme 7 Pro that already costs Php16,990. Lest we forget, Realme X3 SuperZoom costs Php24,990. But due to the lack of MediaTek-powered phones in the country, we highly doubt the Realme 7 5G debuting locally.
Realme 7 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5″ FHD+ IPS LCD 120Hz, 480 nits typical
- Design: water-repellent coated
- Dimensions: 162.2 x 75.1 x 9.1 mm 195 g
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/1.73″, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.3, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| up to 4Kp@30fps video recording with EIS
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm| video up to 1080@30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C, audio jack, NFC
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(30W)
- Audio: mono speaker, 24-bit Hi-Res, Dolby Atmos
- OS: Android 10, Realme UI 1.0
- Colors: Baltic Blue, Silver
- Price: £279 or around ~Php17,800 before taxes and import fees
- Release date: November 2020 (Europe)