OPPO has finally unveiled the Find X3 Series — its 2021 flagship smartphone lineup. This time, however, there are four models under the family — Find X3 Lite, X3 Neo, X3, and X3 Pro. For now, we’re going to discuss the last two devices since the Lite and Neo are affordable mid-rangers. That said, there’s only a couple of different things between the X3 and X3 Pro — RAM and chipset.
With the Find X3, it’s using Snapdragon 870 at its core with 8GB of RAM. There’s no other RAM configuration, so your only choice is to go for either 128GB storage or 256GB. Sporting the same design schematics as the Fin X3 Pro, the X3 comes in Black, Blue, and White colors, along with prices of CNY 4,499(~Php33,500) and CNY 4,999(~Php37,200).
Fortunately, the differences end there. So, the specs we’re about to discuss also apply to the Find X3 unless stated otherwise.
For the Find X3 Pro, the 6.7″ 120Hz QHD+ AMOLED is now using an LTPO panel that allows the refresh rate to adaptively switch between 5Hz and 120Hz for better battery life. Additionally, it’s a responsive panel as well due to the 240Hz touch sampling rate and the display curves to the side for a more premium look. Within the pinhole cutout is a 32MP selfie camera.
In terms of optics, the Find X3 Pro uses two Sony IMX766 sensors for both the main and ultrawide angles. But as expected, the main lens is brighter at f1.8, compared to the f2.2 of the ultrawide lens. OPPO is also touting its jam-packed stabilization system since its flagship phone is sporting OIS and EIS, alongside All Pixel Omni-directional PDAF for quick and accurate autofocus.
As for the others, there’s a 13MP f2.4 telephoto sensor that offers 5x hybrid zoom and up to 20x digital zoom and a 3MP macro sensor that incredibly goes up to 60x magnification and records 1080p video.
Unlike the X3, the X3 Pro is using Snapdragon 888 with a built-in 5G modem and Wi-Fi 6E support. It runs on ColorOS 11.2 based on Android 11 and supports Dolby Atmos-certified stereo speakers. The battery is rated 4500mAh and also comes with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 charging, but OPPO makes it more interesting with the addition of 30W AirVOOC and reverse wireless charging.
The Find X3 Pro comes in two colors — Gloss Black and anti-glare Blue Matte. As expected, the former color is the one prone to smudges. However, the camera cutout doesn’t look like a cutout, thanks to the engineering prowess of OPPO.
If you’re planning to purchase the X3 Pro, there’s only one configuration which is the 12GB/256GB that goes on sale for €1,149(~Php66,600) on March 30th. There’s no exact date yet for a Philippine release, but if history is any indication, we might see OPPO’s latest flagship series as early as the end of March.
OPPO Find X3 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.7″ LTPO AMOLED 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, BT.2020, 500 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak)
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back, IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dimension and Weight: 163.6 x 74 x 8.3 mm, 193g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8/12GB
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1 non-expandable
- Main Camera: 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 2x optical zoom, PDAF
50 MP, f/2.2, 110˚ (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF
3 MP, f/3.0, (macro) | video up to 4K@60fps HDR10 EIS
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm | up to FHD@30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB-C, NFC
- Security: face unlock, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4500mAh (65W – 40% in 10 mins | 30W Wireless – 100% in 80 mins | 10W reverse wireless)
- Audio: stereo speakers
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.2
- Colors: Gloss Black, Blue Matte
- Price: €1,149(~Php66,600)
- Release Date: March 2021 (Europe)