If you’re looking for a budget-oriented phone that comes with a built-in stylus, you might want to check out the LG Stylo 6 that recently went on sale in the US via Boost Mobile. The affordable phone comes with a $220(~P11,000) price tag for the single-model 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. Unlike most LG phones, the Stylo 6 has a tall, narrow build and display with a house for its stylus. Although the screen has noticeable bezels, the metal frame and glass backing should make the phone feel premium in the hands.
LG Stylo 6 is clearly aimed at a specific market niche as the Helio P35 is a sub-par chipset at its price point. You might also be disappointed with the 13MP selfie camera and 13MP triple-cam setup on the back. While the cameras and performance aren’t the best things about the Stylo 6, it still features 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging via USB-C and a headphone jack.
But as mentioned, you do get a stylus that’s rarely seen from low-end phones. While it’s not as robust as Samsung Note 10′s S-pen, the spring-loaded stylus is good enough for doodling and jotting down notes.
Do you mind having a stylus on a phone even with mediocre performance?
LG Stylo 6 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.8″ FHD+, teardrop notch, stylus supported
- Design: metal frame, glass backing, built-in stylus
- Dimension and Weight: 171.2 x 77.7 x 8.6 mm, 219g
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 64GB internal storage with dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, (wide), PDAF
5 MP, 120˚, (ultrawide)
5 MP, (depth)
| up to FHD30fps video
- Selfie Camera: 13MP | up to 1080p@30fps video
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000mAh (fast charging)
- Audio: mono speaker
- OS: Android 10 with LG UX
- Colors: White
- Price: $220(~P11,000)
- Release date: May 2020 (US)