Honor has not disappointed fans with its newest pair of smartphones, dubbed as the Honor X10 5G. The successor to the Honor 9X series continues the tradition of offering affordable bang-for-the-buck phones as it has a starting price of CNY 1899(~P13,500) for the 6GB/64GB model. You’ll have to spend CNY 2199(~P15,600) and CNY 2399(~P17,000) for the 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB. Honor X10 will become available in China starting May 26th. Since Honor 9X launched in the Philippines last November, there’s a chance for the X10 to arrive locally as well.
Expect Honor X10 to handle nearly all apps and games in the AppGallery as it comes with Kirin 820 chipset that also features a built-in 5G modem. Apparently, it supports nine 5G bands (n41, n78, n79, n1, n77, n38, n80, and n84) and can reach download speeds of up to 1003Mbps. Furthermore, there’s Huawei’s Super Uplink technology that bumps the uplink rate by 412%.
The X10 is your typical glass-metal-glass phone but with a distinct pattern on the back that comes in blue, silver, orange, and black colors. It’s also a large phone at 6.59″ with, get this, no notch! Honor opted to use a pop-up mechanism for the 16MP selfie camera. As for that IPS LCD, it supports FHD+, 90Hz refresh rate, and 180Hz touch rate that makes gaming a lot more responsive to touches. Going back to photos and videos, the back comes with three cameras — 40MP Sony IMX600y RYYB sensor, 8MP ultrawide, and 2MP depth.
The main highlight of Honor X10’s cameras is that huge sensor which can be also seen on Huawei Mate Xs. Since it’s an RYYB instead of RGB type, the camera is capable of shooting photos with up to ISO 153600. In other words, it can easily capture bright-looking shots at night. To make it more interesting, the integrated ISP 5.0 is present on the Kirin 820 which was found first on the Kirin 990 high-end SoC. This offers fast autofocus, AI scene detection, and Super Night Scene 2.0 among others.
Honor X10 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.63″ LTPS IPS LCD, FHD+, 90Hz refresh rate, aluminosilicate glass protection
- Design: glass backing, metal frame
- Dimension and Weight: 163.7 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm, 203g
- Chipset: Kirin 820 5G (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 3×2.22 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.84 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 (6-core)
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB expandable via shared nano-memory slot of up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 40 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.4, 17mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
| up to 4K@30fps video with EIS
- Selfie Camera: pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2, 24mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm
| up to 1080p@30fps video
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4300mAh (22.5W fast charging, reverse wired charging)
- Audio: mono speaker
- OS: Android 10, Magic UI 3.1, no Google Play Services
- Colors: Blue, Orange, Black, Silver
- Price: CNY 1899(~P13,500) and CNY 2399(~P17,000)
- Release date: May 26, 2020 (China)