Kia has introduced its compact 4-door hatch car, the Picanto 2020, in South Korea with several new features including an option of safety features, upgraded exterior, and improved 1.0-liter engine.
The visible changes are mostly found on the front grill with a new cluster of LED lighting and air intake opening while the rear side has been refined with more refined taillights.
Also, expect a new interior on the Picanto 2021 as it comes with a stitching accent and bigger infotainment system. The South Korean company is also including a lot of safety features in their country like the Rear Cross-Traffic, Pedestrian Crossing Alert, Lane Departure, and more.
There is no guarantee if the Philippine model have the same offering. The only sure thing that will arrive in the same 1.0-liter 3-cylinder engine with 75 horsepower. Kia is promising a better fuel efficiency with a 15-kilometer mix of highway and city driving.
Kia PH is expected to launch the Picanto next year with a base model pricing of P500k pesos all the way up to P600k for the top-spec. It will go head-to-head against Suzuki S-Presso, Mitsubishi Mirage, and Toyota Wigo.
2021 Kia Picanto compact hatch specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door compact car
- Engine: 1-liter turbocharged
- Power: 75 Horsepower
- Torque: 100 Nm
- Transmission: 4-speed manual or automatic
- Fuel efficiency: up to 15* km/l combined
- Ground clearance: 150mm to 160mm
- Safety: Driver and passenger airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, ISOFIX, Stability Control, Lane Departure, Traffic Alert, etc.
- Features: Touchscreen infotainment system
- Price: P500k to P600k Philippine pesos
- Release date: early-2021 in the Philippines