Isuzu has officially unveiled its all-new 7-seater SUV in Thailand, the Isuzu MU-X 2021. It welcomes a new generation of design including interior and chassis with the engine options to remain between the 1.9-RZ4E and 3.0-liter turbo diesel.
The biggest change is present on the outside with the new front grill combined with new arrow DRL lights and a sleeker accent. The new MU-X resembles the Toyota Highlander especially on the side while the rear has big changes in the bumper and lighting.
Inside is the same improved interior dashboard and accessories including the big info touch display and accent. The Japanese company adds an array of USB and full-sized socket charging. They also added a new middle airbag on top of the front and side curtains.
There is no mention of the safety package but Isuzu will carry the Isuzu D-Max pickup truck features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Monitoring, Emergency Braking, and more to the MU-X SUV.
The Isuzu MU-X will become available first in Thailand by November or December this 2020 while Australia and the Philippines will have the MU-X by 2021 for approximately P1.3-million starting price. Isuzu Philippines will also launch the D-Max along with the new SUV by early next year.
2021 Isuzu MU-X specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door mid-sized SUV, 7-seater
- Engine: 1.9-liter RZ4E Turbo Diesel or 3.0-liter
- Power: 150HP or 190 HP
- Torque: 350 Nm or 450 Nm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual or automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 14km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 220mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger dual SRS airbags, center airbag, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera, ISOFIX
- Features: Touchscreen infotainment system
- Price: estimated P1.3-million base model price
- Release date: estimated Q1 2021 in the Philippines