Isuzu is finally introducing the all-new D-Max pickup truck set for 2020 launch both internationally and in the Philippines. The new 2020 D-Max features bigger and integrated front and overall sportier design as well as a much-improved interior.
The Isuzu D-Max 2020 will be the platform for the upcoming Isuzu MU-X 2020 and their new MPV lineup replacing the Crosswind and Sportivo. It will also rival the likes of Mitsubishi Strada and Toyota Hilux.
In terms of engine, there will be two options as far as we know. The first is the latest Blue Power 1.9-liter RZ4E turbo with 150 horsepower and 350 Nm that is already present in the 2019 MU-X and D-Max. The next is the same 3.0-liter but with improved power at 190 HP and 450 Nm of pulling torque. There is no word if the 2.5-liter has been updated.
For the variants of the D-Max 2020, the top-spec is a 4WD with differential lock called the V-Cross. Next is the Hi-lander with an option of 2WD. It shares the same fog light and headlight design as the V-Cross as well as the integrated bumper. Going lower is the Cab and Space Cab variants with slightly different grilles and the latter having 2 doors.
There is no pricing or official SRP announced during its global debut but we estimate that we could see a P1.1-million to P1.2M base model pricing for the Hi-lander and up to P1.5-million for the V-Cross in the Philippines.
Isuzu D-Max 2020 specs, release date Philippines, price
- Body type: 4-door and 2-door pickup truck
- Engine: RZ4E 1.9-liter or 3.0-liter BluePower
- Power: 150 HP or190 Horsepower
- Torque: 350 Nm or 450 Nm pulling
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic or manual
- Fuel efficiency: 20 km/l, 70 liter capacity
- Ground clearance: 220+ mm, 800m wading depth
- Safety: Driver and front passenger’s airbags, side-curtain airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, Android or Apple Car infotainment
- Price: P1.1-million to P1.2-million 2WD base model Hi-lander up to P1.5M for 4WD
- Release: Q2 to Q3 2020 in the Philippines