Huawei is updating the MateBook 13, now with AMD’s Ryzen 3000 series. The 265GB variant will cost you £699(~P43k) while the 512GB will set you back at £749(~P46k). Both are paired with 8GB of RAM. The MateBook 13 AMD Edition is already available for purchase in the UK through the Huawei Store. Unfortunately, we’re looking at AMD Ryzen 5 3500U and not the latest 4000 series.
Weighing in 1.31kg, the aluminum alloy laptop features a 13-inch IPS LCD with a 100% sRGB color gamut. Under the hood is a 42Wh battery that comes with the 65W USB-C charger. Additionally, you can charge Huawei smartphones making it convenient to carry one charger for your devices. Operating on Windows 10, the device also supports Huawei Share for easy file transfers between supported Huawei devices. For the audio, the bottom-firing dual speakers feature Dolby Atmos technology.
While the MateBook 13 is yet to be available in the Philippines, its bigger sibling, the MateBook D 14, is arriving tomorrow. So stay tuned for that.
*Update as of 6/29/2020 – MateBook 13 Intel Edition launched in the Philippines, alongside MateBook D14. Read the article here.
Huawei MateBook 13 2020 AMD Edition specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 13-inch IPS LCD (2160 x 1440 pixels) with 3:2 aspect ratio, 100% sRGB color gamut
- Design: aluminum alloy unibody
- Dimension: 14.9mm x 286mm x 211mm
- Weight: 1.31kg
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
- GPU: Radeon Vega 3 graphics
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB, 512GB NVD SSD
- Ports: audio jack, 2 x USB-C 3.1,
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: fingerprint power button
- Camera: 1MP
- Keyboard: chicklet backlit keyboard
- Battery: 42Wh battery with 65W charger
- Audio: Bottom-firing dual speakers with Dolby Atmos
- Colors: Space Grey
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Price: £699(~P43k), £749(~P46k)
- Release date: June 2020 (UK)