Apple iPhone 7 is now official and it features a lot of improvements in terms of hardware features and specs over the iPhone 6s.
The iPhone 7 design is perhaps the least among those changes as there is little visible changes outside. We still have the same unibody design but the antenna lines have been moved to the top and bottom and the physical home button is replaced by a haptic or Force Touch-type glass.
There is now IP67 water and dust resistance which promises of up to 1 meter deep of waterproofing.
As expected, the 3.5mm audio jack is replaced by the lightning port which works now for charging, data, and audio accessories. Apple instead will offer a wireless Airpod separately for $159 USD before taxes and 3.5mm to lightning port adapter in the package. Speaking of audio, we have a stereo speakers (one on along the earpiece) and a promise of up to 2x volume power over last year iPhone 6s.
The camera on the iPhone 7 is the same 12MP sensor but with a wider aperture at f1.8, Optical Image Stabilization, and quad LED flash. Meanwhile, the front-facing selfie is now a 7MP f2.2 and capable of shooting Full HD or 1080p video.
Inside the iPhone 7 is an Apple A10 Fusion quad-core processor that’s 40% powerful to the A9 (iPhone 6s) and 50% better in terms of graphics. The RAM is 2GB while storage will start with 32GB. Will also get a couple of hours more in battery life.
In terms of color variants, a new Jet Black in a glossy finish will be made available but limited to 128GB model and above while other colors are Black, Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold or Pink.
The iPhone 7 duo will be available with iOS 10 on top with pre-order starting this September 9 and release on September 19. The pricing starts with $649 official price for the 32GB model before taxes. So expect the same pricing here in the Philippines after taxes which is P37,990 pesos.
Apple iPhone 7 official price, full specs, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS LCD, HD resolution, 326 ppi, scratch resistant
- Design: Aluminum metal, IP67 Water and Dust Resistance
- Size: 138g weight, 7.1mm thick
- CPU: Apple A10 quad-core processor
- GPU: Hexa-core graphics
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 32/128/256GB storage, no microSD card
- Camera: 12MP f1.8, OIS, quad LED flash, phase detection, 4K video
- Selfie: 7MP f2.2, Full HD 1080p video, Retina flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat.9 up to 450Mbps, nano SIM card, Bluetooth 4.2, Apple Pay/NFC, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Port: Lightning port, USB 2.0 speed
- Audio: Stereo speakers, standard bit rate or no upscaling
- Battery: 1960mAh, up to two hours more endurance over iPhone 6s or 40h music
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold or Pink, Silver, Black, Jet Black
- Availability: September 9 pre-order, September 16 release date in the USA, September 20 in the Philippines release date
- Price: Price starts at $649 for unlocked model (32GB model) before taxes or about P37,990 in the Philippines | P42,990 (128GB) | P47,990 (256GB model)