Vivo Y12s is a new budget phone with a big battery and a nice design.
Made for the Asian market, Vivo Y12s is another affordable phone for consumers looking for a long-lasting device with a design that doesn’t look like its price tag.
Available in Phantom Black and Glacier Blue colors, the Y12s comes with a price of HK$ 1,098(~Php6,800). For that, you’re getting 3GB/32GB, 5000mAh battery, and a large 6.51″ IPS LCD.
While the large camera module on the back looks like it’s sporting three sensors, there are only two — 13MP f1.8 and 2MP f2.4 depth. There is an 8MP selfie camera that makes it a total of three.
At the core of the Y12s is Helio P35 that runs on FunTouch OS 11 based on Android 10. There’s a fingerprint scanner on the side, but charging requires using the outdated micro USB port. You also have to wait at least two hours to go from zero to full, no thanks to the 10W charging rate.
If you’re waiting for the Y12s to arrive, might as well get the Y20i that retails for Php7,499 already. It has Snapdragon 460 chipset, alongside 4GB/64GB, three cameras on the back, and an 18W micro USB charger for the 5000mAh battery.
Vivo Y12s Power specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.51″ HD+ IPS LCD
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimensions: –
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB eMMC 5,1 expandable via microSD slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| up to 1080p@30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, (wide)| video up to 1080@30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, micro USB, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(10W)
- Audio: mono speaker
- OS: Android 10, Funtouch 11
- Colors: Phantom Black and Glacier Blue
- Price: HK$ 1,098(~Php6,800)
- Release date: November 2020 (parts of Asia)