Thru a press release, Vivo is hinting an impending release of the company’s newest mid-range S Series. Dubbed as Vivo S1, the upcoming smartphone carries interesting features.
Vivo S1 to arrive in the Philippines
Announced last month, Vivo S1 is a mid-range phone that comes in Diamond Black and Skyline Blue colors. It’s also a 6.38″ device with FHD Super AMOLED panel for perfect contrast ratio and rich colors. With no capacitive scanner to use, options for unlocking the device are face unlock and in-screen biometric.
Camera-wise, it has a massive 32MP AI selfie camera. While selfies will surely look crisp, the main cameras are not to be forgotten. The main sensor makes use of a 16MP sensor, with 8MP ultrawide and 2MP depth sensors. There’s also a large 4500mAH battery inside the device. As for memory, you have 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage to use.
Although the material didn’t mention any sort of chipset, according to its Chinese variant (Vivo Y7s), S1 will use a MediaTek P65 chipset. Regarding the price and release date, both remain to be seen.
Vivo is also giving away five brand new Vivo S1 to Instagram followers of Darren Espanto, Vern Enciso, Verniece Enciso, Chie Filomeno, and Julie Anne San Jose, as part of the upcoming launch.
Vivo S1 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.38-inch Super AMOLED FHD+, teardrop notch
- Design: metal frame, glossy-plastic back
- CPU: Mediatek MT6768 Helio P65 (12nm)???
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2???
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: 128 GB + microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Camera: 16 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.8″, 1.12µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, microUSB, headphone jack
- Security: under-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 18W fast charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch 9
- Release date: August-September, 2019 Philippines
- Price: TBA