The Meizu 18 series has already been launched and now let’s take a closer look at its features.
The Chinese smartphone has SMA (shape memory alloy motor) optical image stabilization. This is similar to what Huawei Mate 30 Pro and P40 flagship phones have. Smartphones that have multiple camera systems have an OIS system designed on them. It also has a compact OIS which is helpful when it comes to saving internal space in smartphones.
Also, when it comes to the high-end Pro variant, a specific sensor is included. In the Meizu 18 Pro, it will have the Samsung GN1 50-megapixel image sensor. This has various optimization that is perfect for low-light photography. With this new sensor, it supports Dual PD and Tetracell technology with 1.2μm pixels and 1/1.3 inch pixel size. The sensors are also capable of quad binning to output images in 12.5 megapixels, creating a single 2.4μm pixel.
Another feature is that the Meizu 18 Pro has a 6.2-inch curved edge OLED display with a punch-hole on the top center. It will also feature a Snapdragon 888 under the hood as well as an LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage.
- Meizu Online Music beta will be available for more models from today
- Meizu 17 and 17 Pro: SD865, 90Hz, 64MP, Ceramic Design, Priced at P26K
Meizu 10 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.7 inches, 107.6 cm2
- Design: –
- Dimension and Weight: 162.5 x 73 x 8.1 mm, 189g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8/12GB
- Storage: 128/256GB; Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by); UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
8MP, f/2.4, 79mm (telephoto), 1/4.4”, 1.0µm PDAF, 3x optical zoom
32MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 130° (ultrawide), 1/2.8”, 0.8µm
0.3MP, TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
LED flash, panorama, HDR
8L, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: 44 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/2.65″, 0.7µm
HDR [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps
- Connectivity & Ports: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, IRNSS, NFC, USB Type C
- Security: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer
- Features: gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable, 40W fast charging, 40% in 15 min, 100% in 50 min, 40W fast wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 4+
- Audio: mono speaker
- OS: Android 10, EMUI 10.1 (no Google Play Services)
- Colors: Blue, White, Gray
- Price: PHP37,475 (est.)
- Release date: March 8, 2021 (Exp. Release in China)