The Mark 4 sports a 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide 4K HDR display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch scanning rate. Its display also has 240Hz Motion blur reduction, Creator mode, Illuminant D65 White point, 10-bit tonal gradation, X1 for mobile, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
Under the hood, it comes with the latest 4nm flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 expandable storage, and a 5,000mAh battery capacity with 30W fast charging.
The main highlight is the camera. The Xperia 1 IV boasts a 12MP main Exmor RS sensor with an OIS-enabled 24mm lens, a 12MP ultra-wide shooter, and a 12MP variable telephoto camera. It is the world’s first to have a true periscope optical zoom 85-125mm lens that offers 3.5-5x zoom.
Additionally, ZEISS optics have been calibrated with ZEISS T* coating. The three cameras also support 4K HDR 120fps video, Eye AF and Object tracking, and the Alpha imaging technology. Upfront is a 12MP selfie camera supporting 4K HDR video selfies.
Sony Xperia 1 IV specs:
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Display: 6.5-inch 4K (1644 x 3840) OLED HDR, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz Motion blur reduction, 240Hz Touch scanning rate, Creator mode, DCI-P3 100%, Illuminant D65 White point, 10-bit tonal gradation, X1 for mobile
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- OS: Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm snapdragon 8 gen 1 (4nm)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage (expandable up to 1TB via microSD)
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Rear Camera: 12MP f/1.7 (main), Exmor RS, 1/1.7″, Hybrid OIS/EIS
12MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide), 1/2″124° 16 mm
12MP f/2.3 (85 mm 28° FoV), f/2.8 (125 mm 20° FoV), 3.5-5x optical zoom, 3D iToF sensor
ZEISS T* coating
Real-Time Eye AF
4K video recording
- Front/Selfie Camera: 12MP f/2.0, Exmor RS, 84° wide-angle, 4K video recording
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Hybrid Dual-SIM
- Audio: 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding, 360 Spatial Sound19, Full-Stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Port(s): 3.5 mm audio jack, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 30W fast charging
- Battery/Charging: Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode, Qi Wireless charging, Battery Share function
- Dimensions & Weight: 165.1 × 71.12 × 7.62mm; 187.1g
- Colors: Black, Violet
- IPX5/IPX8 Water-resistant
- IP6X Dust-proof
Pricing and Availability
The Sony Xperia 1 IV is priced at EUR 1,400 (~PHP 77,125). It is now available for pre-order In Europe, with deliveries expected by June.