One of the cheapest Galaxy M phones has arrived in India and Nepal. Dubbed as the Galaxy M02s, the cheap phone with a large battery comes in black, blue, and red colors. In India, the Galaxy M02s is priced at INR 8,999(~Php5,800) for the 3GB/32GB model. There’s no pricing yet for the 4GB/64GB.
Much like most mid-range Samsung phones today, the Galaxy M02s uses glasstic material for the entirety of the build. The screen measures 6.5″ diagonal and features HD+ PLS IPS with an Infinity-V notch. There’s a significant chin bezel that’s common among budget phones. Interestingly, there’s no fingerprint scanner of sorts.
At the core of the Galaxy M02s is the Snapdragon 450 SoC; however, it runs on Android 10 already. The battery is fairly large at 5000mAh and supports 15W fast charging via micro USB. As for the cameras, the back commands a 13MP main sensor with two 2MP lenses, while the front comes with a 5MP sensor.
Samsung Galaxy M02s specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5″ PLS IPS HD+
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm, 196g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB eMMC 5.1 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), AF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP, f/2.2 | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB, audio jack
- Security: face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh(15W)
- Audio: stereo speakers, 24-bit hi-res audio
- OS: Android 10, OneUI
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- Price: INR 8,999(~Php5,800)
- Release Date: January 2021 (India)