Aside from the budget Samsung Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 that was launched a couple of weeks ago, Samsung has raised the ante with the newly introduced Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 that sports flagship-level specs and features.
The Samsung Galaxy A50 is the more capable Galaxy A series this 2019. It has a Super AMOLED screen with high resolution and a U notch display. Under the screen is a Fingerprint Scanner similar to the latest Galaxy S10 series.
The camera is a triple setup with 25MP primary plus two 5MP while the selfie shooter is a 25MP AI-enabled.
In terms of internal hardware, the Exynos 9610 is an octa-core processor capable of matching the Snapdragon 660 /670 series. The RAM configuration starts at 4GB up to 6GB with the storage of 32GB or 64GB expandable thru microSD card up to 500GB.
The battery is a 4000 mAh non-removable but supports fast charging and USB Type-C port. This is relatively bigger than most midrange smartphones in its class.
Now for the pricing and availability in the Philippines and Asia region, the estimated SRP is about $360 or equivalent to P18,990 pesos. This is not the final, however, as Samsung is yet to release the official price though you can use this as a reference from the 2018 Galaxy A series.
Samsung Galaxy A50 (2019) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass and polycarbonate frame
- CPU: Exynos 9610 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB
- Memory: 64GB or 128GB expandable with microSD up to 500GB (est.)
- Camera: Triple cam 25MP main + 5MP + 5MP depth sensor for bokeh, 4K UHD video
- Selfie: 25MP front-facing, Face Unlock, AI features
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: on-screen Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Colors: Gradient Black, Blue, White, Rose Gold
- Price: est. $360 USD or P18,990 pesos
- Release date: April to May 2019 Philippines availability