Europe gets the first dibs on the Samsung Galaxy A40 as it goes up for pre-order in the Netherlands, thus confirming pricing and specs. While the Galaxy A50 recently went up for pre-order in the Philippines, here’s what to expect from its less expensive sibling should you wait for it to arrive.
The Samsung Galaxy A40 is apparently a 5.9-inch device sporting an FHD+ Infinity U Super AMOLED display. As opposed to our first report, it comes with an Exynos 7885 chipset instead of an Exynos 7904. We did get the RAM amount right tho at 4GB. That’s coupled with 64GB expandable storage via microSD slot.
No triple camera
There’s no triple camera setup here like the Galaxy A50, but it does come with 16MP + 5MP ultra-wide sensors for the back. And the front gets treated with a large 25MP sensor.
Essential features are here but battery suffers
Some of the Galaxy A40’s features are the headphone jack, 3100mAh battery, USB Type-C, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and the latest One UI.
The colors will come in Black(looks like gradient), Blue, White, and Orange. For 249 Euros, the price conversion is around P14,000 to P15,000 seems to be the right place for the Galaxy A40.
Samsung Galaxy A40 (2019) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD+ Inifity-U Super AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass? and polycarbonate frame
- CPU: Exynos 7885 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB expandable with microSD up to 512GB
- Camera: 16MP rear camera + 5MP ultra-wide f/2.2
- Selfie: 25MP front-facing, Face Unlock, AI features
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS, USB Type-C
- Security: rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3100mAH
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Price: 249 Euros or estimated at P15,000 pesos in the Philippines
- Release date: April to May 2019 Philippines availability