It’s now official — Redmi Note 9T is the most affordable 5G phone you can purchase in the Philippines. That is — if you’re willing to order from an official Xiaomi Global retailer and wait at least a couple of weeks for the product to arrive. At any rate, the Redmi Note 9T 5G is only priced at Php10,990 for the 4GB/64GB variant and Php11,990 for the 4GB/128GB model. It’s available in Purple and Black colors.
Under the hood of the Redmi Note 9T 5G is MediaTek Dimensity 800U, allowing for 5G connectivity for cheap. MediaTek has a bad rap when it comes to the battery efficiency of its chipset, but that seems to be not the case anymore as various users report great battery life. Regardless, we can’t wait to test it out for ourselves.
What may annoy Xiaomi’s fanbase is the use of 4GB RAM for the global version, not even at least 6GB. As for the rest of the specs, Redmi Note 9T 5G comes equipped with 48MP triple-cameras, 13MP selfie, 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charger, and stereo speakers.
Redmi Note 9T 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5″ IPS LCD FHD+
- Design: all-polycarbonate?
- Dimension and Weight: 162 x 77.3 x 9.2 mm, 199 g
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6873 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 13 MP, f/2.3, 29mm (standard), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth, GPS, USB-C, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(18W)
- Audio: stereo speaker
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Colors: Nightfall Black and Daybreak Purple
- Price: Php10,990 and Php11,990
- Release Date: January 2021 (Europe, Philippines)