Other than the Redmi K40, the flagship-killing series now comes in three models this year, with the K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ joining the fray. The majority of the specs are identical across the three devices, with only the cameras and chipset being the differentiating features. As such, the K40 Pro models also come with 120Hz AMOLED with MEMC technology, the newer Snapdragon 888 chip, and the 4520mAh battery with 33W support that Xiaomi claims as fast as the traditional 55W fast charging.
Design-wise, the Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ don’t veer away from the Mi 11-like look of the K40. That said, the color finish (black) and camera module size are what separates each phone from the other. But color-wise, all three come in Black, Blue, and White.
Starting with the K40 Pro, the back is using a 64MP f1.89 sensor with a 6P lens. But unlike other 64MP smartphones, it records up to 8K resolution. The other two accompanying lenses are 8MP ultrawide and 5MP tele-macro. For the K40 Pro+ model, the main camera is using Samsung’s 108MP f1.75 ISOCELL HM2 sensor with a 7P lens. It also sports Samsung’s nona-binning feature that combines nine pixels into one for better low-light shooting.
The Redmi K40 Series is set to go on sale on March 4 in China, with pre-orders already underway. The K40 Pro starts at CNY2799(~Php21,000), while the K40 Pro+ comes in one model only — 12GB/256GB for CNY3,699(~Php27,800).
- K40 Pro – 6GB/128GB – CNY2799(~Php21,000)
- K40 Pro – 8GB/128GB – CNY2999(~Php22,500)
- K40 Pro – 8GB/256GB – CNY3299(~Php24,800)
Redmi K40 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67″ 120Hz AMOLED HDR10+ 1300nits peak, MEMC, DCI-P3, 360Hz touch rate
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 back and aluminum frame
- Dimension and Weight: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm, 196g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 6GB/8GB/ Plus model – 12GB
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB UFS 3.1 non-expandable
- Main Camera: (Plus model – 108MP 7P lens ) 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 6P lens
8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
5 MP, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm| video up to [email protected] EIS
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C, NFC, Infrared port
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4520mAh(33W – 100% in 52 minutes)
- Audio: loudspeaker, 24-bit, aptX HD
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Colors: Black, White, Blue
- Price: CNY2799(~Php21,000), Plus model – CNY3,699(~Php27,800)
- Release Date: February 2021 (China)