Xiaomi announced the POCO X3 NFC, and according to the brand, it’s the phone exactly what you need — all thanks to the well-balanced specs for a suggested retail price that starts at €229(€199 early bird promo) or P10,990 in the Philippines. The top model with 6GB/128GB costs €269(€249 early bird promo) or P12,990 only. Global availability will start tomorrow via several online partner stores. In the country, the device can be purchased via Shopee starting at 11:59 PM. The POCO X3 comes in Shadow Gray and Cobalt blue colors, inspired by racing design as seen from the unapologetic back finish. Furthermore, the huge POCO branding dons a chromatic look as added flourish.
At the core of the POCO X3 NFC is the Snapdragon 732G, launched a few days ago. It’s the first device with the chipset, offering up to a 15% GPU boost compared to the SD 720G. It’s not as powerful as the POCO F2 Pro, but it’s the next best thing if your budget can’t afford the expensive flagship killer. Aside from the chipset, the display is one of the highlights of the X3 NFC. The IPS LCD supports a 120Hz refresh rate that allows for double the perceivable speed when navigating around the phone. POCO made sure that it won’t drain the battery as the refresh rate dynamically switches between 50Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz, and 120Hz depending on the content. Games that support higher refresh rates will trigger automatically while video playback will stay at 60Hz. As for static content like images, the screen will go as low as 50Hz.
As for the rest of the features, POCO X3 NFC has one of the smallest pinhole cutouts at 3.8mm, liquid-cooling technology, 240Hz touch rate, Z-axis linear motor for better haptic feedback, and dual-stereo speakers. Oh yes, and three years of “consistent” updates. POCO claims that it’ll make your phone faster as they update it.
A special 48-hour early bird promo will commence on September 9 that makes the Shopee-exclusive base model available for P9,990 only. A free mousepad and BlackShark Fun Cooler are bundled as well. As for the top model, it’ll retail for P11,990 with a free digital pouch and BlackShark Fun Cooler Pro.
POCO X3 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS LCD, Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, 120Hz, pinhole cutout
- Design: aluminum frame, polycarbonate back, IP53 water and dust resistance
- Dimension and Weight: 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4mm, 215g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X
- Memory: up to 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 with microSD slot of up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) | video recording up to [email protected] with EIS
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
| video recording up to FHD @ 30fps
- Connectivity: LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS, audio jack, USB-C, NFC, IR blaster
- Security: side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5160mAh(33W in-box charger)
- Audio: dual-stereo speakers, 24-bit Hi-res
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Colors: Shadow Gray, Cobalt Blue
- Price: SRP Php10,990 and Php12,990
- Release date: September 9, 2020 (Global, Philippines)