In India, OnePlus has revealed and introduced the OnePlus 7T. It has a starting price of INR37,999 or nearly P28k (8GB/128GB) and goes up to INR39,999 or P29k (8GB/256GB) when directly converted. In the US, the base model has a price of $599 or around P31k. To sum up the 7T, it took the best feature of OnePlus 7 Pro and made it cheaper.
OnePlus 7T Now Official in India
Before you buy an Apple iPhone 11, OnePlus is undercutting the competition if the fastest and smoothest performance is what you need out of a smartphone. The OnePlus 7T delivers the same 90Hz refresh rate that’s found on the 7 Pro, however, it still uses 1080p resolution with an improved version of OnePlus 7’s OLED display. This also means there’s a teardrop notch that’s said to be around 30% smaller with the same flat display.
Design-wise, OnePlus 7T is available in matte frosted blue and silver colors. There’s also a new rounded camera module on the back that looks huge. Within it are three main sensors — 48MP f1.6 wide, 12MP f2.2 telephoto capable of 2x optical zoom, and 16MP f2.2 ultrawide. With the widest sensor, OnePlus enabled macro photography — capturing as little as 2.5cm subject distance. As for the notch, it houses a 16MP f2.0 wide selfie camera.
Diving into the spec sheet, OnePlus 7T comes with Snapdragon 855+ with a 3800mAh battery. The company is introducing an improved version of Warp Charge 30, dubbed as Warp Charge 30T. What it basically does is allow the phone to charge up to 70% in 30 mins and up to 100% in a single hour. Last but not least is the fact that the phone ships with Android 10 out of the box. This means you get to use the latest navigation gesture from Google and sideswipes for going back, among others.
If you’re wondering about the OnePlus 7T Pro, it seems like the company is going to hold a separate event for that. It’s likely to be introduced around October, either in Europe or the US.
OnePlus 7T specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.55-inch FHD+, Fluid AMOLED, 90Hz refresh rate, HRD10+, DCI-P3 100%
- Design: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front and back, frosted matte finish, aluminum frame, stereo speakers
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700MHz)
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128GB or 256GB storage, non-expandable
- Camera: 48 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.2, 51mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
16 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide), AF, OIS + EIS, 4k @ 60fps video recording, 1080p @ 240fps, 720p @ 960fps
- Selfie: 16MP f2.0 with EIS, up to 1080p 30fps
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 3800mAh, Warp Charge 30T
- Security: in-display fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 10, Oxygen UI
- Release date: October in Europe, India, TBD in the Philippines
- Price: estimated around INR37,999 or nearly P28k – INR39,999 or P29k