Since brands love to add “Pro” on their smartphones, Xiaomi is doing it with its flagship Mi Series. Serving as the higher-end and more expensive model of Mi 9, Xiaomi is introducing its Mi 9 Pro — sporting 5G connectivity, Snapdragon 855+, and the fastest wireless charging on a phone to date. The price starts at CNY 3699 (~P27k) and goes up to CNY 4299 (~P31k).
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Goes Official in China
Not a lot has changed when it comes to the design of Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro. It has that 7000-Series Aluminum Frame with gorilla glass 6 for the front and back. There’s a 6.39″ Super AMOLED display that’s DCI-P3 and HDR10 certified. Which means colors are more accurate and you can watch HDR-supported content. The notch is still present, housing a 20MP f2.0 sensor.
The main cameras seem to be the same — featuring 48MP f1.8 + 12MP f2.2 telephoto 2x optical zoom + 16MP f2.2 ultrawide. It can deliver up to 4K @ 60fps, FHD @ 240fps, and ultra slo-mo at 960fps. Unfortunately, the headphone jack is still missing.
One of the biggest problems of Mi 9 has been solved on the Mi 9 Pro, a massive 4000mAH battery. It’s capable of 40W Quick Charge along with the fastest wireless charging at 30W. Xiaomi is claiming that you can fully wirelessly charge the phone within 69 minutes. Since wireless chargers can only go between 5W to 15W, the company also announced its 30W Mi Charge Turbo with a price of CNY 199 (~P1,450). Reverse wireless charging is also possible at 10W. If wireless isn’t your thing, the wired charger can do a full charge in just 48 minutes.
Although Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro is available in China, we do expect the phone to launch in the Philippines as well as other select regions. Hopefully, we’ll see it by November.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro configuration:
- 8GB/128GB – CNY 3699 (~P27k)
- 8GB/256GB – CNY 3799 (~P28k)
- 12GB/256GB – CNY 4099 (~P30k)
- 12GB/512GB – CNY 4299 (~P31k)
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 403ppi 19.5:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, teardrop notch, Always-on display, DCI-P3, HDR10
- Design: glass and metal, dedicated Google Assistant button
- CPU: Snapdragon 855+ octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics (700MHz)
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable
- Camera: 48MP f/1.75 (Sony IMX586) + 16MP f/2.2 wide-angle (Sony IMX481) + 12MP f/2.2 telephoto (Samsung S5K3M5)
- Selfie: 20MP with HDR
- Connectivity: 5G sub-6Ghz, 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, WiFi ac, 4×4 MIMO, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000 mAh, wired charging (40W), wireless charging (30W), reverse wireless charging (10W)
- Security: On-screen Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Release date: September 2019 in China, Philippines availability TBA
- Price: estimated between CNY 3699 (~P27k) – CNY 4299 (~P31k)