HMD Global is delivering a cheap way to own a 4G phone in the country through the help of its newly-announced Nokia C1 Plus. The cheapest 4G phone from Nokia will become available exclusively on Shopee from January 18th to 24th. By the 25th, it’ll become available for purchase in leading retail stores, kiosks, and shop-in-shop nationwide. Nokia C1 Plus comes with an official price tag of Php3,590.
Nokia C1 Plus obviously won’t win any awards with its spec sheet, but if all you need is to get connected to the internet, you’re looking at a decent deal.
Spec-wise, there’s a 5.45″ HD+ IPS LCD with an all-polycarbonate build that reflects Nokia’s durability since the cellphone era. A pair of 5MP lenses are used for the front and back cameras. HMD claims the 2500mAh battery capable of lasting all day, but if that won’t be enough for you, it’s actually removable and immediately replaceable. There’s no fingerprint scanner but there is face unlock.
Nokia C1 Plus runs on Android 10 (Go Edition), making the 1GB RAM and 16GB expandable storage pairing enough for the most basic lightweight apps. Though the cheap phones come in blue and red colors, only the former is available in the meantime.
Nokia C1 Plus specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 5.45-inch IPS LCD HD+
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 71.2 x 8.8 mm, 146g
- CPU/Chipset: Quad-core 1.4 GHz
- GPU: –
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 16GB eMMC expandable via dedicated microSD slot
- Main Camera: 5 MP LED flash | up to [email protected] video recording
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP LED flash | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi b/g/n, GPS, microUSB, audio jack
- Security: face unlock
- Battery: 2500mAh removable battery (5W)
- Audio: loudspeaker
- OS: Android 10 (Go edition)
- Colors: Blue
- Price: Php3,590
- Release date: January 18, 2021 (Philippines)