When Motorola announced Moto G 5G Plus in the Philippines, it immediately became (and still is) the cheapest way to own a 5G phone. In India, the company did the same thing with the newly-launched Moto G 5G that comes with a price of INR 20,999 (~Php13,600). The device gets rid of some trendy features, such as the fast refresh rate. But as an overall package, Moto G 5G isn’t any slouch.
Under the hood is the Snapdragon 750G, paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. We’re glad to report that the shared microSD slot is still here for expanding the storage. Moto’s MyUX offers a clean slate of Android 10, as Google intended it to for its OS. All that in a large 6.7″ canvas featuring FHD+ LTPS IPS LCD with HDR1- support.
There are three cameras on the back, particularly a 48MP f1.7 wide, 8MP f2.2 ultrawide, and 2MP f2.4 macro that supports autofocus. You can video record up to [email protected] with EIS in tow. Upfront is a 16MP selfie camera housed inside a centered pinhole cutout. Fortunately, you still get the same camera modes found on the G 5G Plus, including Night Vision, Timelapse, Slow-Mo, and even Hyperlapse.
A fingerprint scanner is on the back that’s highlighted by the company’s logo, and there’s an extra button on the side for summoning Google Assistant. The battery is rated 5000mAh and should last up to two days, as Moto claims, but the 20W TurboPower charger is there for easy top-ups.
There’s no word yet whether Moto G 5G will arrive in other markets, but if it does, it’s going to be next year already as the G 5G Plus will only become available for purchase this month.
Moto G 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.7″ FHD+ LTPS IPS LCD HDR10
- Design: plastic frame and back, IP53
- Dimension and Weight: 166.1 x 76.1 x 9.9 mm, 212 g
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: 128GB UFS 2.1 expandable via shared microSD slot
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF| video recording up to [email protected] with EIS
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.0µm
| video recording up to [email protected]
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C, NFC, Audio jack
- Security: face unlock, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(20W)
- Audio: loudspeaker
- OS: Android 10 with MyUX
- Colors: Volcanic Gray, Frosted Silver
- Price: INR 20,999 (~Php13,600)
- Release date: December 2020 (India)