Way before the pandemic hit, at CES, Lenovo unveiled its portable, folding laptop — the ThinkPad X1 Fold. Obviously, all laptops are foldable, but the X1 Fold features a foldable 13.3″ screen alongside a detachable keyboard. Three quarters later, the company unveiled the price of the X1 Fold — $2,499(~Php121,000) — which is already up for order. Do take note that the company shared a vague release date — around fall — between September and December. But just in case you’re interested in this new form factor, here’s what you need to know about it.
The main feature of the ThinkPad X1 Fold is its folding display. The FHD OLED screen spans 13.3″ diagonally, which both work either horizontally or vertically. Completing the laptop experience, however, is a detachable keyboard that’s smaller than chicklet style. The keyboard can be prompt up on the other half of the screen, but the best experience is when you take advantage of the fullscreen experience.
Spec-wise, the X1 Fold will come equipped with Intel Lakefield CPUs, two USB-C ports, a SIM-card slot with 5G support, 8GB RAM, up to 1TB storage, and a 50Wh battery — all that inside a 2.2-pound body.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 13.3” Flexible QXGA OLED 4:3 (2048×1536, 300nit) DCI-P3 95% Touch
- Design: Foldable
- Dimension: Unfolded: 11.8 x 9.29 x 0.30 inches without cover (0.45 inches, or 11.5mm, with cover); Folded: 6.23 x 9.29 x 1.09 inches (27.8mm) with cover
- Weight: 2.2 pounds, 2.59 pounds with Lenovo Mini Fold Keyboard)
- CPU: Intel Core Processor with Intel Hybrid Technology
- GPU: Integrated Gen11 graphics
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X 4267MHz
- Storage: Up to 1TB PCIe-NVMe M.2 2242 SSD
- Ports: 1 USB-C Gen 1, 1 USB-C Gen 2, 1 USB-C (DisplayPort), 1 SIM slot
- Camera: 5MP HD RGB + IR camera
- Keyboard: Acid Green Backlight
- Battery: Chicklet
- Colors: Black
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Release date: September-Dec 2020 (US)
- Price: $2,499(~Php121,000)