Lenovo announced during MWC 2022 its new mid-range tablet that will be the company’s bet to win over users this year and compete with other devices of the same category.
Like its predecessor, the recently launched Lenovo Tab M10 Plus does not prioritize performance and is focused on offering a balanced experience for both entertainment consumption and productivity, coming in three versions that varies the platform and amount of RAM.
Boasting a simple and undifferentiated design, the M10 Plus comes equipped with a huge 10.6-inch IPS LCD screen, a 2K resolution (2000 x 1200 pixels) with 60Hz refresh rate, and 400 nits brightness.
Despite not having a huge quality or thin edges, the tablet’s display stands out for including compatibility with the Precision Pen 2 accessory, a pen capable of recognizing about 4,000 pressure levels and that should provide a decent use for those seeking greater precision in movements.
Moving on to the internal hardware, the tablet comes in two variants with different processors: the MediaTek Helio G80 in the model with Wi-Fi connectivity, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 in the 4G LTE + Wi-Fi version. They are both octa-core with frequencies of up to 2GHz and 2.4GHz, respectively.
In addition to the chipset, the users may choose from 3GB, 4GB or 6GB of RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card. In all models, there is a battery with 7,700 mAh capacity and 20W fast wired charging using a USB Type-C connector.
Although it is a more basic version, the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus runs the Android 12 OS out of the box and, according to the manufacturer, will be updated to Android 13 with three years of security packages.
Lenovo Tab M10 Plus specs:
- Display: 10.6″ IPS LCD (2000 x 1200 pixels), 60Hz, 400 nits (peak)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 (4G); MediaTek Helio G80 (Wi-Fi)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver) (Snapdragon 680); Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) (Helio G80)
- GPU: Adreno 610 (Snapdragon 680); Mali-G52 MC2 (Helio G80)
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB – expandable via microSD card
- Main Camera: 8 MP
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, USB-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Security: Face unlock
- Battery: 7,700 mAh (20W fast wired charging)
- Audio: Stereo speakers (four), Dolby Atmos
- OS: Android 12
- Colors: Storm Gray, Frost Blue
Price and availability
The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus will have its availability starting in June 2022 in Storm Gray and Frost Blue colors. It has a suggested price of US$189, around ~PHP 9,685 in direct conversion.